In the news thread

Andy Mac is trans?!

3 Likes

6 Likes

Adults and kids have always competed against each other in skateboarding! The age of the skaters has absolutely fuck all to do with the issue.

3 Likes

Please don’t post Braille videos that’s fucked up my YouTube feed.

7 Likes

Hahaha, I accidentally clicked on a Dan Corrigan one yesterday. Don’t particularly have anything against him from what I know of the guy but I’m not a fan of ‘camera in YouTubers face’ style videos.

1 Like

Rayssa and Sky want a word.

4 Likes

I was about 25 and had won the London Game of S.K.A.T.E. for 2 years in a row (CMOAC, but also for context) when I played Shane O’Neill when he was about 13 and he fucking annihilated me

17 Likes

That was my first thought.

1 Like

We know that news piece wasn’t posted by that person because of the ages though, don’t we?

15 Likes

That’s the thing, look at female skaters like Elissa Steamer skating the Tampa Comp with the male skaters for one.
The Olympic female skaters want their scores to be judged at the same standards as the males too. Even if that means theirs come in lower a lot of the time. Level playing field.

8 Likes

I think skating comes mid-way when it comes to the difference between the sexes. Some sports - rugby, tennis - are about strength and stamina. The top men are always going to beat the top women there. There are others, like showjumping, where it’s a level playing field. In skating the gap between the top men and the top women is narrower than tennis, but it doesn’t seem to be completely even yet. Maybe some skating disciplines are more evenly matched than others.

Great insight mate. Cheers for that.

13 Likes

What the fuck are you on about. I didn’t mind it at first when you started posting again; but now its just pure bullshit again.

I think at this point you are so far removed from everyone on here you need to fuck off. I’m not one to push banning people but you have caused good members to leave.

@Spanky if he is allowed to keep posting, is there a way to stop seeing one persons posts? Bored of it.

2 Likes

Go to their member profile page (click avatar/username) then select ‘ignored’:

2 Likes

I hope that helps Ukraine obviously but it’s also pretty scary at the same time.

Sorry for that. I was frantically rowing back from controversy.
I’d had one post pulled - I was up in Yorkshire over the weekend and saw a haystack made to look like a really shit 10ft model of the Queen, and posted a picture on the Random Pictures thread. That got pulled because it wasn’t skate-related.
Then I posted a link that Sean Goff put on his Facebook page about the 29-year-old skater beating the 13-year-old girl in the NY competition. He had 150-plus comments all saying how outrageous it was that it was allowed. But it’s a different atmosphere here and when I put it on the forum the first message was that I was using the story as a loophole to be a troll, essentially. I thought ‘Oh shit!’ and tried to pull back and ended up talking bullshit. So I’m sorry.

Yeah because this isn’t Sean Goff’s Facebook page. Don’t you understand the difference? I’m pretty sure you do and its just funny to you. I mean, why describe the photo you posted? The one you were told to take down?

Why are you saying “29 year-old skater” and “13 year-old girl”? It’s a woman’s event. They’re women, whatever your 60 year-old white, male, Tory ass thinks.

5 Likes

Different sports have different rules about what constitutes a woman for competition purposes. It’s hot topic. Swimming has just changed its rules. A lot of other international sport federations - football, badminton, cycling, hockey, athletics and lacrosse, have either updated or are reviewing their rules. Skating is still divided into men’s and women’s events, so at some point or other the big competitions will need to set down guidelines for who is and isn’t eligible. I’m too old and I don’t compete so my own view is pretty irrelevant here - but it’s a debate skating won’t be able to avoid for ever.

Trans women are not women. Trans women are men who have issues with their male body and decide to try appear as a woman using surgeries/chemicals/therapy to work out how to live their life as a woman the best they can.
And its vica versa for trans men.

Stop berating someone who lives in reality with your utopian fantasy.

To anyone who wants to call me transphobic, you dont know me so dont throw henious accusations based on two lines of text.

1 Like