In the news thread

So he’ll force through a GE. That’s not helpful.

1 Like

The Tories are not coming out of this well, clearly. The old lot must be fuming at this current bunch of hoods

3 Likes

He can’t win an election now can he? Even with the corrupt press etc. He was boo’d by a bunch of royalists at the Jubilee FFS. Popularity over, surely?

The timing is of benefit to the Torys. Dump Johnson, bring in someone with some credibility, they blame everything on the previous cabinet.

They’ll blatantly get back in with a massive majority at the next GE

I’d actually like to know how he gets away with not answering direct questions at PMQ’s, the other rules seem to enforced.

What a circus this is.

It would be dreamland for Labour if he called a GE*. No chance.

*led by BJ.

I was working in an ex-miners house this morning, and we were chatting about the news. He was a lifelong Labour supporter until Boris came along and changed his stance. He was talking about him as if he was a fucking superhero! Shouting at the telly, things like "give it to them Boris!!!'.

There are morons everywhere im afraid, and boris knows it.

8 Likes

That’s why the first-name branding works. ‘Boris’, your mate, rather than Johnson, the prime minister. His friends and family call him Alex.

8 Likes

Yup , listen to lbc all morning and a couple of callers on the nick Ferrari time slot with the same mentality absolutely on cloud cuckoo land that boris is doing well , let him get on with the job . They all loved that he “Got Brexit done “
That’s who boris has behind him .

Hm I dunno. I reckon it would be close. I’d like to believe Labour would win but “Boris” would stop at nothing if it came to that, including the tabloid dark arts and his chums in the Met, between them they could cook up a lot of shit.

I’m still confused by this, what part of brexit is “done”. There’s still so much that is incomplete. We are still attached and beholden to the EU for so much stuff, now there’s just a fuck load of red tape and bad trade rates

2 Likes

As if that matters to somebody who just doesn’t like people from other countries living here. Nobody voting for Brexit was voting for exciting new trade opportunities with other territories.

8 Likes

A hung parliament, the Lib Dems and Labour form a government, is probably the best bet to come out of a G.E. right now.

2 Likes

They’re doing them in batches now. Hahahahahahahahahaha

4 Likes

Can you take wallpaper down and reuse it?

7 Likes

This is his worst nightmare coming true, having to spend more time with Carrie and the kids, haha…

9 Likes

Oh 100% agree, they don’t give two fucks about the detail or brexit otherwise they wouldn’t have voted for it. Just that the “he got it done” is objectively false

2 Likes

I vaguely remember that Barry & Yvonne used to pin some up in their chalet in Hi-De-Hi.

2 Likes

Apologies to anyone actually using this thread, as I do, to keep up with the news. That was a wasted post.

I hadn’t realised how many have resigned…

…so far.

There’s always room for a bit of silliness…

3 Likes