In the news thread

From the high of 5 minutes ago to the crushing low as i realise Raab might be PM by the end if the day. Or whoever replaces him.

Not happy about Raab but at least heā€™ll be under significant pressure.

Raab is an absolute twat. Couldnā€™t find Great Britain on a map of the UK

1 Like

Hidden clause?

Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s worth holding back from pouring Stella on my Cornflakes.

1 Like

Yeah heā€™s not quitting as PM. Just from the party. Itā€™s gonna get even messier. Crazy watching an implosion like this. Itā€™s quite fun to watch from a distance :laughing:

10 Likes

Woman on Five Live insisting that if Labour were in power it would be worse. Heā€™s a good man because he ā€˜gave out all the moneyā€™ and if Labour were in power they wouldnā€™t have any of ā€˜theā€™ money to give out.

The state of this country.

3 Likes
1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s all they have . The massive labour ā€œwhat ifā€ . They donā€™t live in reality

These people are just desperately clinging on to their old view that the Tories are the party of stability and strong financial know how, mightā€™ve been vaguely true once, I think, but theyā€™re just a shower now and even these people need to admit it.

Whilst I disagree that Labour would have done a worse job, I do think any government would struggle to maintain stability at the moment. The repercussions of Brexit are just too massive. Keeping everyone happy is impossible. Factionalism is too great an issue. The difference is that the main divisions that the Conservatives have had to deal with are internal to the party because they still have the ability to form a majority government. Realistically, I think Labour cannot do that at the moment and would therefore have to appease the SNPs, which would pose its own problems.

Edit: obviously this is not to downplay the atrocious job Johnsonā€™s government have done.

Pincher by name, Pincher by nature, heā€™s only gone and got Boris the PM job pinched off him!

Of course itā€™s going to be a case of, meet the new boss(Michael Fabricant), same as the old boss(Michael Fabricant). Even May had massive Michael Fabricant moments and she is seen as one of the nicer Tories!? Boris is going and a dark, embarrassing era in U.K politics is over (hopefully).

Imagine how fucked we are if Raab gets it.

Canā€™t see theTories voting for him to take over, after backing Boris so hard in the face of everything, while they tried to oust Boris. Itā€™ll not be forgotten or forgiven. Plus heā€™ll be seen as a left over and reminder from Borisā€™s Premiership that theyā€™ll want swept under the carpet.

2 Likes

I hope so. Sunak and Javid didnā€™t resign first for no reasonā€¦

The language in their resignations is so self serving, so many described his position as untenable, that they no longer thought he would survive. Not that they thought he was wrong or a massive Brian, just that he was done and they wanted to get out as it was no longer beneficial to them to be associated. They all need to go and never come back.

3 Likes

Yeah this what we were trying to tell you m8

3 Likes

There was a Tory wanker on the news yesterday who was banging on about Corbyn hating Britain and being a Marxist. Even if that was true, not really relevant anymore is it.

2 Likes

True but Brexit didnā€™t really have anything to do with his downfall.

It started with Owen Patterson and then Partygate destroyed him.

Once the polls showed people would rather vote for shit in a tub he was doomed. The protacted political death as he just refused to go has been delicious icing on the cake.

1 Like

Isnā€™t the only reason Boris is staying on till autumn that itā€™ll be the summer break soon and they canā€™t vote in a new leader until they return after? You never hear anything from politicians anyway, while theyā€™re away on their school holidays, I mean summer break. So itā€™ll still feel like heā€™s gone straight away still.

I love the half arsed caption on this one. Just like ā€œyeah Iā€™m out tooā€