In the news thread

Sorry that should come with a strictly 21+ x-rated warning for absolute Mt Everest height levels of pure fucking cringe.

2 Likes

Yeah looking more and more flakey really this!

Now thatā€™s a proper lineup ey

Anyone else losing the huile dā€™olive?
(pun stolen)

7 Likes

Good news everyone. They did nothing and will continue to do nothing.

Heard worse ideas.

2 Likes

Itā€™s beyond fucked up to hear Tories saying they should wait another 4-6 weeks until Johnson is gone and all the MPs are back from their summer break before they start doing anything to halt/reverse spiralling energy costs.

4 Likes

It is fucked up and yet more bad PR for the Tories.

It fucks me off that Iā€™ve had two conversations now about Rushdie getting stabbed and both ended with someone saying ā€œyeah but you shouldnā€™t deliberately annoy religious peopleā€. Fuck off

Hope he pulls through

5 Likes

Jesus

I wonder how many more people will buy his book now

1 Like

If they havenā€™t they should anyway, everything Rushdie writes is gold. Iā€™m surprised his security was so lax

2 Likes

Colour Blind the whole way to work tomorrow.

My wife wanted his album when it came out purely on the back of Colour Blind and Rushes, tell you what, the album was a banger. And to any newsayers (not hearsayers) he probably had one of the most successful careers to come out of those pop Idol programmes after Will Young

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnODNMBJV8M&ab_channel=DariusMusicOfficial

1 Like

Haha, didnā€™t One Direction and Harry Styles come from the Simon Cowell show? Neither of them are more successful than him.

Not strictly news, but itā€™s in the guardian and it made me smile

Worth the time to watch this

3 Likes

Lis Truss didnā€™t get the memo:

I never expected the UKā€™s slide into fascism to be fronted by someone who looks like they do call centre training or something but I guess thatā€™s how it goes

8 Likes

She shouldnā€™t be in charge of a jam sale at her local village fete. How the absolute fuck did we get to this state. Everything is very bad.

7 Likes