In the news thread

Why are people turning off ads. Mourning?

1 Like

I reckon it was this morning/lunchtime and theyre scrambling to get the family up there before publicly announcing it.

Theres no way theyd have released the statements, made newsreaders wear black tie and cancel ads if she may pull through.

4 Likes

You dont really want everyone associating your brand with the death of a beloved royal if you run ads in funeral programme/tv coverage

2 Likes

Are you happy now Morrissey

5 Likes

Just announced?!

Just now yeah

Aye, popped up on wife’s phone

BBC 1 has just announced it too.

Wow that is still surprising to hear somehow.

Very sad. RIP our Queen.

2 Likes

Damn , bless the old girl . Regardless of her status she’s a human like all of us . R.I.P

4 Likes

Radio 4 announcing and playing the National Anthem.

Feels ‘odd’.

Historical?

End of an era. Charles as King now.

Just like 911 where you remember what you were doing, I was sitting in bed surrounded by my kids screaming their fucking heads off at each other

God bless you ma’am

10 Likes

I’m not a royalist in any way, I couldn’t care any less about the rest of them - but I actually feel a bit sad that she’s died. It’s actually surprised me. Maybe it’s the loss of such a constant in life.

RIP

2 Likes

I was buying ice cream in Tesco.

2 Likes

Yep, very odd as today I completed setting up a throwback space at Goodwood Revival that is WW2 themed and had a lots of pictures of the Queen and Churchill.

We completed it as the first alerts came on the phones and now it looks as if that’s actually when she passed.

Going to be odd taking it all down. RIP

Dunno. They’re ads for NHS trusts and the Welsh Government so as it’s public money everything just has to go off for a bit.

My Mrs was talking to me, explaining the process around when a Queen or king dies, when it popped up on her phone.