In the news thread

Don’t envy these bbc news people who have to walk the tightrope of filling the next million hours with almost nothing but also having to be very very very careful about every word they say.

1 Like

Huw Edwards has got the black tie on. Strap in.

Even though she’s 96 it still feels very sudden that this might go down today.

Witchell’s bottom lip trembling.

They’ve been practising this for over 40 years or soemthing. It’s going to be mad.

3 Likes

I’d say she has passed. Why would the BBC be going to all this trouble? It’s probably an open secret in the media with their paid inside sources. They’ll just be waiting for all of the family to get there to have their own private moment, before the national outpouring of grief and world’s media descend and the whole thing turns into a circus.

2 Likes

Shes almost certainly gone. They have to go through the motions though

Yeah possibly.

This is a really interesting read but i think the actual news might break out before you finish it

1 Like

Imagine Liz Truss being one of the last people you speak to before you die

9 Likes

Boris got his germs on her.

4 Likes

Didn’t read all of that but am assuming there’s no change yet…

“Every station, down to hospital radio, has prepared music lists made up of “Mood 2” (sad) or “Mood 1” (saddest) songs to reach for in times of sudden mourning”

Craig Charles is still playing some punky racket.

1 Like

There’s a protocol that every commonwealth state has to know first. All the leaders from Canada, Aus, Fiji etc have to be informed that they have a new head of state before the news is made public. Could be what’s holding it up if it has happened

1 Like
3 Likes

Time for this I think.

1 Like

She’s dead. They must be up there doing a statement.

“A girl at work’s mum used to work in the media and someone at sky and the bbc have messaged her to say she’s passed away“

From my mate whose has been told all advertising has been cancelled for 48 hrs at their agency.

1 Like

I’ve had 4 people frantically get in touch with me to pause all our ads as well.

Why the Queen would want to stop nurse recruitment in the south west area in the event of her death I’m not sure, but there we are.

I’ve paused all the ads in all of our accounts so if you want to do public sector advertising, now is the time to cash in on rock bottom CPCs.

1 Like

The whole country will basically grind to a halt if she does actually pass away. It was always going to be that way I suppose.

all freshers week events are prepping cancelling. Two years of lockdowns cancelling events and now the queen. Young people must be gutted

Will Thames close up out of respect or release a memorial plate?

8 Likes

The coverage is so weird. “Balmoral plans swing into action” but don’t actually say “she is dying”

Its bizarre

My local Waitrose had a big picture on a stand in the middle of the veg section for Philip so can’t wait to see what they have planned for her.

Wouldn’t be surprised if she passed this morning. The work that must have to go in to the Queens death, sadly must be enormous.

1 Like