In the news thread

Same here, I suppose you could say they’ve been a victim of their own success. My 2008 Macbook was utterly amazing and still works pretty well now but I wouldn’t buy any of their current laptops.

I have a 2008/9 imac and a 2009/10 macbook, all for music purposes. They are fine for that but not looking forward to replacing them. May have to go to PC and change my DAW which will be an upheaval.
I hate what apple have become, I wasn’t that fussed about them previous but their stuff was just perfect for what I needed. PC’s are far too cumbersome unless I literally build one with what I need I guess.

1 Like

The new Mac Pro and the crazy monitor are aimed at (and suited to) such a small market, it almost feels like there’s no point even thinking about it.

I’d love to know which dumb shit thought that listing the price of the stand separately was a good idea though… way to get yourself in the news for all the wrong reasons.

1 Like

After working in ecommerce for best part of 10 years I can came to the conclusion of what the fuck do they think they were doing.

Haven’t been on the site to check but presume the cart forces the option of a monitor stand, or it is a preset product variation.

Looks like you have the choice between $200 for a vesa mount and $1000 for this at time of purchase
Considering the niche market this is aimed at $1000 for a stand will be a drop in the ocean for most.

4:10 has a bit more info on it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/02/injured-gilets-jaunes-protest-against-police-violence-march-of-the-mutilated

I can’t believe this is still going, you really don’t hear much about it now which seems odd.

Theresa May’s last day, let the farce begin.

Only as party leader, pretty sure she’s still PM until a new one is decided

Wow that’s actually a real cover

I was shocked that cilla wasn’t on there but there she is, peeping out the back.

2 Likes

Just need a sequence of May stepping on a rake and it smacking her in the nose to complete the comedy element to it all

Lost for words

How?

Glad to see Boris yesterday saying he likes the free market and public services ‘working’ together.

First vote through.
Boris way ahead.
Holy fuck.

Boris as PM would be the funniest thing ever, the joke will be on all of us of course but it’s still a joke.

It would certainly fit with this shit 3rd rate sci fi distopia vibe we’ve got going

2 Likes

ccebb9082885d2edf94180301967e28e--funny-guys-funny-life

anyone remember this? I mean how is the UK supposed to be on the world stage with any dignity

And…

3 Likes