Indoor Skateparks

Wooden indoor bowl with a plexiglass extension. Free to skate

Pretty sure TASR is closed now, unless it’s reopened. I’d be chuffed if it is back, I literally drive past it on the way to work.

Rock City closed for a while but I think is open again. I really need to get down there.

1 Like

Just found out about a new indoor park being built by A1 Skateramps in Doncaster called Twisted Skateparks (DN5 8AF). Should be open later this year, pandemic depending

Any info on it?
Near Ish to me thst

found out about it through instagram today, if you go on a1skateramps you can see progress pics and the actual parks insta is twisted_skateparks. Looks like its got some potential.

1 Like

Cheers man

Heard theyre planning on rebuilding Y2SK8 in Peterborough exactly the same as it was when it closed 15 years ago

3 Likes

Looks interesting - back-to-back minis with a spine

Will Blackwell still be there on a Tuesday night doing fatty to flatty’s?

4 Likes

Probably one of the worst layouts in an indoor park ever!

1 Like

WTF is going on here

1 Like

ROLLERBLADERS

2 Likes

If I ever come into substantial money, I am going to spend it recreating the old Plymouth Flatspot skatepark in Melbourne, just for the sake of:

1. skating it again.
  2. being rich in an eccentric manner.
4 Likes

was that thing in a 411? Osiris Tour perhaps?

It’s so funny what rollerblading did for skatepark obstacles. I remember old roadrunner/playstation park having ridiculously steep hubba things like the top right of that photo. It seems the idea is that rollerbladers like having zero run up but grinding down things

1 Like

The Big Push Death Section.

reminds me of Rehab Wakefield which was obviously a blader park but was good for skating too, luckily.
Those big no run up hubbas were all over the place.

Sort of/sort of not.
Owners kids were bladers yes but the park was built by Andy Peerless (rollerskater/skater) and Snoz/the local skateboard scene with skateboarders leading the design - hence it being one of the first indoor parks ever to have proper ledge in.
There were blader obstacles yes but the overall design was really rollerblader oriented

Yeah totally, I did know that, pretty sure you did an article in the mag about it at some point. There was no way bladers would have made a perfect mini ramp, ha. The jaggers must have had a few ideas that must be included though, hence the bank hubbas.

1 Like

The only park I went to that was almost un-skateable since it was built pretty much only with rollerblading in mind was in Chesterfield and I think it was called Unit 2 or some Unit 1 or something.

Was fun though when I was like 10.

1 Like