Interview Thread

There’s a reason he’s gotten SOTY

1 Like

Totally.
You should be able to pause the video at the peak of the trick and be able to see the 3 reference points of the take-off, peak and landing. Like you said, then you can see the shapes, style, spot details, etc. rather than fronting ike an amateur hour clown.

3 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

Such a great photo, looking forward to reading…

7 Likes

It’s great as you’d expect.

2 Likes

Grant Brittain on Podus Operandi.

3 Likes

This popped up in my feed… I’d like to hear Chris’ side of these events but in the meanwhile I can’t respect the guy.

FYI this is Chris Cole’s ex-wife and mother to his kid

I find Brink intolerable in the main so I’ll pass.

5 Likes

His recent exploits over at Slap over the last few months have not painted him in a good light. Comes across as a total narcissist.

3 Likes

Something about Brink has never sat right with me but I’ve never been able to work out what. Listened to his Beyond Boards interview recently. That was an hour pissed down the drain.

But in terms of the interview, sound pretty plausible.

1 Like

This is awkward

The fact That Brink has given this thing a platform doesn’t sit right. If there is a situation where Chris Cole has been a horrible bastard to his wife then there are channels to deal with that but it just screams like a scoop for Brink to capitalise on rather than be a supporting part of outing violence against women.
Watched a bit but it doesn’t feel right on brinks side of things.

3 Likes

Firstly, domestic abuse should be dealt with by the authorities and services. I understand victims find it hard to speak out but I would expect some sort of formal complaints to be filed and then see where things go. I’m not sure Chris’s ex wife has done this?

Instead we have this horrible event getting thrown into the public arena. I’ve avoided the slap thread because it’s too opinionated and misinformed. Then there’s brink who seems to be really pushing this and I can’t help but agree it’s partly for some personal gain of his which is not a good look.

I don’t quite understand Christine’s stance seeing as it seems like she’s trying to get on with her life but at the same time posts about her experience on social media?

Finally, it feels like Brink and maybe Christine want to try and open the skate industry’s eyes to domestic abuse which is an honourable thing but in such a male dominated and immature culture, this is not working. I mean, how the nine club reacted says a lot.

I just don’t understand why the proper authorities don’t deal with this instead of some wild witch hunt mud sling?

4 Likes

Yeah, I can see her side, even though there may be better channels to go through to address this, but the whole thing feels like Brink is exploiting the situation a bit, particularly as he’s a trained, experienced journalist. The whole ‘to be continued’ thing feels like he’s trying to serialise it.

There was a ride channel video from years ago that Brink was part of that touched on some sketchy situation involving Cole and it got laughed off.

I think this is his strange way of making amends. He’s still a weird goober though.

2 Likes

Heard from a few reliable sources that Brink is an absolute tool and a pretty shitty human.
People who have worked with him and felt he was absolutely incapable of being able to do anything.

His many appearances on Slap have been insanely narcissistic. He just seems awful and goes in on anyone who doesn’t agree with him or praise him.

The narcissism side of things is really dark. His YouTube content uploads were quiet despite owning a new board brand (apparently) and working on a new show (Apparently) and being incredibly busy with them (Apparently).
And then all of a sudden he has time and this desperate need to post original content constantly around this subject?
Not only does it seems like some wild virtue signalling but also almost abusive in that he is using someone elses trauma as a way to get himself back in the picture.

What an arsehat.

7 Likes

He just posted another 15 minute monologue by Christine. I feel bad for what she’s experienced and I must say I feel like total silence from Cole isn’t helping his case. But still, surely this whole sad state of affairs is better dealt with by the appropriate authorities rather than public court of brink and forums?