Interview Thread

Not sure where to post, but enjoyed this.

4 Likes

Really enjoyed this @PiledriverWaltz - looking forward to more

3 Likes
1 Like

This guy is pretty damn funny and is also very good at the skateboarding. Entertaining viewing. Can recommend.

5 Likes

That was good.
I liked that park.

1 Like

Fuck I love this dude now

2 Likes

So do I!

I didnā€™t know anything about him and YouTubeā€™d him, he has dope footage in this (from 6:00 onwards). The two trick line at 6:52 is so dope, you canā€™t even see the purple shoes.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Went in thinking heā€™d get annoying as fuck, fastā€¦left highly amused.

Also, loving the comments kicking off about denying him water and his TM not being nice.
Some people are really fucking weird.

2 Likes

Good TLB chat. Interesting stuff

2 Likes

Christ, this is embarrassing.
I honestly donā€™t believe that the interviewer is really called ā€˜Violet Conroyā€™ either but there it is.
I guess Sturt, Rosenberg, Tony Roberts and Spike Jonze never existed, right?

5 Likes

Canā€™t read it all. So flimsy! and youā€™d have thought Strobeck would have had some level of humility to not let it be that way but I guess he truly believes he has arrived and is the new savior.
Trouble is, itā€™s kinda right in as much as he has changed the aesthetic of skateboarding and it bemuses me how weak we all are and have followed. (Caveat being that I assume people know what elements I mean and that actually not all skatebaording has followed)

Feet face feet

3 Likes

I still copy French Fredā€™s style of filming if anything when on dad cam. Keep everything in shot then pan away once the trick is landed.

6 Likes

Skateboarders do follow trends, often blindly.

Watch any clip from 2011, everybody is wearing slim jeans.
Watch any clip from 2024, everybody is wearing baggy jeans.

And then weā€™re pretty happy to say we are the trend settersā€¦ :joy:

Yeah itā€™s always been the way, some people stand up and happily take the credit to serve their ego, some deserve to be held up, others need to be more realistic and sit back down and some people see it for what it actually is. Regardless, there will always be more patting on the back than deserved for some things that have made some sort of difference and some people will be very gracious and modest about what changes happened due to their influence.

Other people will argue with me and say Strobeck deserves such accolade but personally, heā€™s just another filmer that does videos in his own style. All good on that front.

I forget if it was a Strobeck clip or not, but recently saw a back 5-0 down a hubba-style ledge to back tail when the ledge went flat. The face to feet to full body after the land meant that the stuff like shapes/arm style/upper body positioning etc. etc. was completely missed. Just got feet and set up during the trick instead.

Iā€™m not feeling it but what do I know :smile:

1 Like

Errrā€¦? No

1 Like

I think strobeck found his style and ran with it. If anyone can do the head feet head itā€™s him even Iā€™m really not a fan of it and it seems like sometimes hr should have been more diligent in its use. Obviously his style inspired others to do the same but unfortunately a lot of them failed thus rendering the style an eye sore.

He isnā€™t the first skate filmer to get on peopleā€™s nerves and he wonā€™t be the last.

But he definitely isnā€™t a genius or savior of skateboarding.

1 Like

Watch thisā€¦ Ishod Wair has to be one of the best