Interview Thread

I agree theres a place for it, but tbh it winds me up how many people think it’s a lifestyle by itself, you skate, and yoga and meditation helps with that.

All Olson talks about is yoga and meditation, but he mentions John Joseph who does Ironmans on the regs, and Bruce fucking Lee! You are not like Bruce fucking Lee Alex Olson…

He’s fueling his body properly, stretching his body properly but then not doing anything with it other than GQ interviews, doubt we’ll ever see a progressive video part from him again.

1 Like

Yeah fair enough, not watched it and probably won’t he seems like a trend follower wannabe trend setter and likes the fact he is telling people he’s doing it rather than actually doing it. But I could be wrong and he’s found a deep love. Who knows?

Lets just agree the term “Wellness” is for pricks. #wellness - get tae fuck.

1 Like

absolutely

We use that a lot – Workplace Well-being

Well-being is a standard term, “wellness” is an instagram nothing. Chucking “ness” on the end of a word doesn’t make it so, “My new wheels really helped my skateness!”. No.

My skateness is well out of line at the moment. I need more time to reflect and maybe some very expensive bearings that i will only use to roll around on very slowly to realign my aura molicules.

3 Likes

The wolf moon is in lucozade at the moment, re-align your chakras by pointing your nose with a crystal attached towards true north at low tide and your switch flips will pop true, shalom.

1 Like

The Gwyneth Paltrow of skateboarding.

6 Likes

Maybe you can take issue with word ‘wellness’ but as for thepractise who are you to judge? If someone is actively trying to become a more healthy person be it mentally or physically what is the matter? Surely that should be respected

Yeah the Ayurvedic diet is maybe on more extreme side of this but a vegan diet, stretching, yoga all are pretty well proven to be good for your body.

Also people on about how he doensnt do any cardio, he skates and rides a bike…

3 Likes

Well said.

But Gwyneth Paltrow is making $$$ off of shilling unproven products. Olson is simply expressing his interest certain practises.

Alright, the Sting of skateboarding.

3 Likes

Hahaha

I’d be pretty happy with that title myself.

You’ve got me wrong here, what he’s doing is great, I think we all know yoga and meditation are good for you! I’m just saying that they aren’t the only key to “Wellness” and its arrogant to think they are.

You can do as much yoga/meditation and eat the most extreme diet there is but if you aren’t doing cardiovascular exercise then you aren’t keeping your heart healthy. He mentions a dude that runs marathons barefoot, and like I said John Joseph and Bruce Lee… all those guys train(ed) really, really hard! Health is more than bullshit interviews and instagram posts and I feel like this just panders to that idea, it doesn’t talk about him skating, or riding a bike, or in fact any exercise at all, just that he only drinks filtered water etc…

If he is doing regular exercise as well then great! He’s going to be in a great place and we might see some skating from him yet, which I’d love to see! I’m just not holding my breath.

He’s gonna make a dick scented candle isn’t he.

2 Likes

Yeah get what you’re saying but I think the fact he’s a professional skateboarder it’s a given that he’s getting cardio through skating. I know we don’t see much ‘proper’ footage of him at the moment but going off any insta footage you see of him I think its safe to stay he’s still skating and looking very comfortable on the board in a way you don’t get unless you’re doing it regularly.

And yeah John Joseph and Bruce Lee are extreme role models but surely by being extreme they’ve got much more to teach than if he read a book by someone on his ‘level’ in terms of this stuff. Never saw it as him trying to achieve what they do. But more they are the the most hardcore so would make sense to look up them as much as possible

The Nine club want to make a 69 smelling one.

“Nobody wins in a 69, you’re both smelling arse!”

1 Like

Damn, Magee and Alvin have a podcast?!