Interview Thread

Can you imagine, you could hear magee’s eye rolls through the mic

3 Likes

Pretty mad piece, with Eli rocking some pretty eye catching outfits (dungarees and a bandana?!). It was cool to see him so enthusiastic about Dancehall but it felt like there was some faint neo-colonialism going on with a white dude being the piece’s guide into a Jamaican music scene. Still, a really interesting little video.

With you on the neo-colonialism ting but it wasn’t that bad, he seems genuinely into that whole vibe.

Those Out There vids are always interesting.

He’s a confident chap, I’ll give him that.

2 Likes
2 Likes

well that was quite unexpected, but really enjoyed that! he got proper stuck in in kingston . i guess there is always the undercurrent of the colonial thing if the focus is whitey on tour but if they sniffed that vibe on him he would not have got a pass. skating in JA is going to blow up in the next year or so - i think there is a couple of big parks in the works which is really going to build up the recognition of it as a valid local thing and not just an import. not sure how far their olympic team will get but really would offer alternative option for kids in the ghetto .

Sorry.

2 Likes

haha - ouch

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7vX4BKBW35/

1 Like

Lots more of this to come, I’m sure.

2 Likes

That was a good piece. Got the whole sport/culture dichotomy pretty spot on.

Over the last few years, the NY Times has been leading the way in terms of non-skate media reporting on skating.

I agree. Makes sense, since they’ve still got some work to do to recover from this absolute honker of a photo.

From this.

1 Like

I’ll raise you this…

From this - King of Pop

3 Likes

Damn, nollie 360 flips aren’t the most photogenic trick.

What are those rumours about Tyshawn leaving FA, apparently saying Strobeck’s filming is rubbish and all that?

That sounds like such a chinese whisper and I’m calling bollocks.

3 Likes

I’d be pissed off he missed that switch hard heel the way did.

There was a Slap thread about it with screenshots of Insta captions in which TJ basically said he was over that zoom in shit trash or something.

A bad photo in an otherwise good piece.

Also, seems like TJ’s beef was mainly at Strobeck and maybe Supreme. Anything to do with this?

Also the state of this promo crap:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B73iRNDoRs4/