Interview Thread

Bear in mind she was/is married to arch-arsehole Jason Kay. She must be a total fanny.

Haha! No spoilers.

1 Like

Re doubles: I have 2 copies of yeah right dvd floating around somewhere, one with shit music, one with good music

Unfortunately no pic as they are in parents loft I think so this is where my reply falls flat :frowning:

2 Likes

I’ve got it on VHS and two different DVDs, for some reason. Must have really liked it, but I was drinking a lot all the time around then.

2 Likes

Caesar Singh interview is both funny and brutal
Mostly Skateboarding podcast going in on skate industry support for “broken men” post pro life. the talk on internalised racism is particularly tough.

4 Likes

Currently listening to this. There’s a lot of good and interesting talk around Caesar.
Opens some interesting and important questions.

3 Likes

I interviewed Don Brown for Slam and it’s up now. It’s a long one but I think we covered most things.

17 Likes

Great that Neil!

1 Like

Very excited to get the baby down and get stuck in to this :pray:t3:

2 Likes

Keen for a read of this - nice one Build.

1 Like

That was great.
Insightful and brought back so many memories.

1 Like

Really enjoyed that, gonna dream of my long lost '94 Scams now…

2 Likes

I had a white pair of scams, Totally changed my skating, I thought I was Scott Johnston running lines around plazas for days.

Yeah me too, looked & felt amazing

Then wore them to an all-nighter at Club UK in Wandsworth - destroyed them :cry:

Got 2 pairs of the Sal 2s right now.
I remember the first time I got a pair, We were going on the train to Notts to buy some new shoes but we got out at Derby to skate a bit and I tweaked my ankle. The shop in Derby had some of them in so I grabbed them to help my tweak. Got to Notts and I couldn’t ollie or kickflip it hurt so bad but I could pop shove it everywhere.

Just finished the Don Brown interview.
Solid. He’s done a lot of stuff over the years…I often forget these things.

The Virgil/Shiloh line amused me!

3 Likes

Finished! I usually struggle reading longer articles online, but I made it and it was (is) ace Build / Don!

Lots of technical shoe talk - I think I’ve learned a thing or two. :smiley:

I found the Pig City part interesting, esp…

I think this is a good place to ask this as I’m 99.9% sure the Forums @Deacon is the same…

Is this how your Bash Piglets graphic came about? It’s one of my favourites from the past.

BASH Piglets 91

That’s the same Deacon?!

I assumed… maybe incorrectly.

Confidence is low at the moment.

I’m definitely not the same Deacon, although I was a Brighton local for a couple of years about twenty years ago. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes