Interview Thread

Honestly, I can’t remember - but I don’t think so.

From what I remember, there was a bit of controversy around this coming out on DVD as the guy who’s editing suite was borrowed to make it is the guy who made the run of DVD’s and no one involved with the video was behind it.

I could be wrong. Long time ago…

1 Like

That sounds right. I remember there being a big fuss about it when he released it

Wasn’t that the situ with Pritchard Vs Dainton with that Si Kotowicz guy?

That was in reply to LS sorry Deeg

1 Like

Was that ever released on DVD? I honestly don’t know.

Also, just noticed Memory Screen missing from my VHS. Ugh.

I only have one copy of Mind Field, but it is signed by Kalis. #cmoac

1 Like

'sup.

1 Like

These are my only signed vids. I did an interview with Westgate for an Element clothing thing years ago, I still kick myself for not bringing my Emerica vids for him to sign.

1 Like

Weirdly, I never asked Hawk or Berra to sign those. Bucky signed the back.

Tony Hawk signed it when he returned it to me as I lent my copy of The End to him.
Weird, right?

6 Likes

Did you say “WTF man! why did you scrawl on it? RUINED”
?

I thought it was cool when a guy I know sold his 12" of the Ghostbusters theme to Ray Parker Jr. on eBay, but this is pretty amazing.

2 Likes

Yes. Have I told you this?
Is this like my story where the entire room tries to run away as they’ve hear dit a million times?

Hahaha! Let’s hear it.

2 Likes

haha, no I just assumed based on how i’d feel about it if it was me.

I’m so behind with work now. This is really (nicely) distracting.

I want to say this is probably 2000 when there was a Tony Hawk Skatepark Tour thing coming through. Those above names and Bam.

Randomly, I get a phone call late, the night before. Some voice claiming he is Tony Hawks manager. I hang up as it is clearly a mate with a bad fake American accent. He rings back. We talk and it is kinda sounding legit.
Hawk is due onto Big Breakfast the next morning and they’ve been told I would have a copy of The End - remember, this is years before internet streaming and even before Rodders Vs Daewon R2 appeared as the first skate DVD - and asked if I could courier it to them.

I agreed, and had no idea about couriers so rang for a minicab. Driver shows up and is confused that I am handing him a VHS tape and dont want to get in myself, telling him he will get paid at the other end.

I slept in and never saw (or, tried) the Big Breakfast the next day.
I went to the park to watch the demo. Tony hawks manager finds me and says tony has my video and wants to give it back to me personally and say thank you…which is rad.
Later, Hawk hands me the video and says “we’ve done something for you.”
As you guessed, I look down at it and reply “you and all your mates have drawn all over the cover of my my tape!”
He looks awkward. I then feel awkward as the sarcasm has failed. I then apologise, saying it was just a joke.
I think he then said “ok” and walked off.

I just stood there feeling like a bit of a prick and a terrible comedian.

This is also a fantastic summary of many of my relationships.

27 Likes

Wtf that is incredible on a few levels.

Anyone got a link to Tony Hawk and Gaby Roslin having a lovely chat?

Great story.

iirc it was Richard bacon that interviewed him.

I just tried YouTube but got sucked into watching a clip from Loose Women (or similar) where Denise Van Outen explained how her & Johnny Vaughan fell out and I’ve now got on an episode of the Big Breakfast hosted by them.

It would DEFINITELY be too much for me to watch at 7am these days.

2 Likes

Lol, amazing!

1 Like

Got to be something to do with him being an insufferable arsehole right?

2 Likes