Interview Thread

Cool little Bobby Puleo mini doc that he’s done speaking to a guy called Neil Brown who has some amazing AWS/Neil Blender memorabilia.

He’s in a AWS collectors group that I’m in on Facebook and a really nice guy. Some great stuff from the early Workshop days if anyone is into that stuff. I definitely am!

Good to see Skate Nerd Bobby out and not the other guy.

4 Likes

I’ll put this in here because I feel like I’m hyping Chester P too much in the other thread.
He is an incredible MC and a lovely guy who’s open about some deep shit.

Also his dad, Peet Coombes, was the song writer for The Tourists who became the Eurythmics. Supposedly he was responsible for pitting Annie Lennox against Dave Stewart.
He drank himself to death in the early 90s.

This is great.

5 Likes

Only a few minutes in an he’s talking about “people looking down on the homeless claiming ‘They want money for drugs’” and then pointing out that there’s plenty of people with homes who also want money for drugs. Or people who have jobs earning millions who want money for drugs.

Seems obvious, once pointed out. This is going to be good.

1 Like

Cheers for sharing this, it’s a great doc.

He talks a lot of sense & sadly I assume most of the subjects will be in a lot worse situation now

Always liked the Task Force freestyle on the Jewbonics mixtape

1 Like

Glad people are enjoying it.
If the above has piqued your interest, here’s a very recent and extremely honest interview with Chester P from Blade’s 15:21 blog.

1 Like

The guitarist guy with the missing fingers has passed away.
He talks about how he had to give up the homeless work in the newer 2021 interview above for his own sanity.

1 Like

WKND’s Trevor Thompson

1 Like

Often wondered if Blade is the most-interviewed music person in UK skate mags.

Not enough to bother checking, right enough.

He’s a pretty good interviewer himself as it goes.

If someone asked me that question i’d have no idea but forced I would guess randomly Ian Mackaye.

You know what Builda, i’d love to see an interview with Stuart Braitwaite from you. You’d finally know one way or another if he’s a skater at heart or a poser. :wink:

He did a guest spot on 6 music the other night. Played some good stuff.

Not sure if serious… I interviewed him once and had to make bits up because he was giving one-word answers. Hands-down the worst interview I’ve ever seen, let alone done. He left it to the very last minute and absolutely did not make it worthwhile.

When one of the pioneers of electronic music can give me two hours of his time on the day before his 77th birthday, you’d expect a guitar player from down the road to be able to come up with more than what he did.

Him, U-God and GZA* are the only people where I’ve really thought, “Wow, this person thinks they’re too good to talk about what they do for a living”. I don’t think he was even trying to play it cool, he just wasn’t interested in talking to a skateboard magazine at that point.

*Ghostface was an absolute pleasure, so it’s not necessarily a Wu-Tang thing.

1 Like

Also I should say that I think the last Mogwai record is the best one they’ve done since Come On Die Young.

I can’t remember who it was but @buildafire you said Some band were the band Mogwai wanted to be and I listened to them and enjoyed them and forgot who they were.

If you can remember who that band were could you remind me please?

AH, fair enough then. I do trust your opinion (mostly :wink: ) so was genuinely interested in seeing something like that. But if that’s the case then, all good. A shame when people are aloof and off in that situ.

Not heard the last Mogwai, past few have been pretty boring.

Slint. I remember disagreeing.

to BDF

1 Like

Labradford mostly, then Codeine. People say Slint (meaning the second Slint record) but I’m not so sure about that.

1 Like

Actually you’re right, you did say Codiene and then the convo got onto Slint.

I was listening to Cluster the exact moment you posted this.

1 Like