Interview Thread

Full Cab? Really? That’s what they’re calling them now :thinking:

1 Like

That’s pretty ironic, because Cab himself has criticised calling a Caballerial a “full Cab”. I jokingly mentioned “double half-Cab” which he found mildly amusing!

If anyone’s interested, Kevin Staab was first to half-Cab and missed an opportunily to call it a “full Staab”! :wink:

4 Likes

Exactly.

And calling a Vans Caballero shoe a Full Cab is like referring to the first Jaws film as Jaws 1.

2 Likes

Already Ben Powell’d, but this is excellent

1 Like
5 Likes

Nobody watches the nine club apart from you and smoke. What is it?

3 Likes

hahaha, I’ve just been listening to Salba’s one, and got all curious about Mount Baldy

1 Like

The 50s/60s/70s boards are cool and all but I think he’d get a lot more people through the door if he started putting his 90s/early 2000s on display.

1 Like

I can’t fucking stand Kelly Hart on Nine Club giggling like a schoolgirl the second the guest says anything.

Austyn Gillette mentioned that Chris had some cat hair on his sweatshirt and Kelly is pissing himself laughing 30 seconds in. Hard to turn it off.

20 minutes in and it is pretty good. Austyn seems keen to spout off about the industry a little, saying new board brands haven’t earnt their place on the skate shop wall (echoing the whack Instagram brands thread) and a lot of the shoe brands (guessing Nike and adidas) don’t do much to promote their skate lines.

Also Austyn isn’t afraid to ask awkward questions - asked the hosts when was the last time they went on a skate trip which led to some dodging and hedging of answers,

“I’m fucking 30. I don’t want to be flow.”

He’s an interesting guy, so I am sure it will be a good episode.

I just cant stand Kelly!

I did around half an hour of The Nine Club this morning, only stopped because I’ve got shit to do. Austyn mentioning pros who are milking it got a noticeable reaction from Crob (chuckle).

It may or may not be a particularly interesting episode - seems promising so far. At least Austyn Gillette can string together a coherent sentence, which is more than can be said of some of the previous guests.

3 Likes

I don’t often enjoy the Nine Club these days but this one was pretty good, he didn’t pull any punches and explained his reasoning behind certain decisions and opinions. Kelly was slightly annoying for me but it didn’t drive me mad or anything.

Forgot Austyn was on this week. I haven’t listened to a Nine Club this year but will tune in for this.

Austyn, despite his occasional air of pretentiousness, does seem like an interesting guy with a story to tell.

Ok, so I am at a 5 year olds birthday party at a soft play and decided to give Austyn’s Nine Club another chance.

When the guest runs the show it’s listenable!

3 Likes

Good episode. Good dude.

Enjoyed it.

This is great

6 Likes

Story at the end about telling those Deluxe guys to fuck off back on the train was funny.

Always forget about this podcast but it delivers every time, good listen that.

3 Likes

I remember hearing that from Kingy at the time - fucking great.

“Hey, we want to go buy leather jackets in London…”

“Go on then, fuck off.”

Cough Sanskrit and cough Spanish

5 Likes