Interview Thread

Slam Jake interviewing Shier about his whole career. Long but really good. Shier is the man.

10 Likes

Class interview

1 Like

Great interview. Shierā€™s always been a favourite of mine and good to hear that theyā€™re continuing with Isle.

I really wish Iā€™d got the Shier Fairfieldā€™s board for the wall. Would love to find one

1 Like

Reading between the lines it seems like some of the team are leaving ā€“ Iā€™m guessing itā€™s Tom, Caspar and Mike off to do something with Jake.

1 Like

Yeah good to hear Isle isnā€™t done!

My mate distributes Isle here, I doubt he has any left but Iā€™ll let you know if thatā€™s the case.

3 Likes

Magee interview by @Frasersnacks (I think thatā€™s his tag) for Welcome

9 Likes

The interview starts around 14:00.

3 Likes

Not me mate, you have the wrong Fraser Iā€™m afraid. Rad interview though.

Interview with photographer Dave Schubert about 90s Pulaski days.

1 Like

Oops my bad!

not sure if posted; Colin Kennedy TSC Podcast

3 Likes

Julien Stranger text interview

already posted on Slap, but some lovely takes on formative Natas and Gonz

plus Mach Julien [/FO]

2 Likes

Joel Curtisā€™ podcast with Helena Long

2 Likes

Sick. Going in on this. Helena is one of my favourite skateboarders right now.

Although ā€œHer skills have attracted coverage from all uk magazinesā€ is underselling her a bit, innit? Sheā€™s way more global than that.

Really good Oski interview, once you get past the Dunk talk:

This bit made me laugh though:

Does he still not realise dragons have never existed?!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the reason for having a shark logo? Sometimes I think itā€™s just better not to try and explain these things.

3 Likes

Surprisingly, the first question is about weed

1 Like

I sense sarcasm.

1 Like

That interview is cringe in parts.
Heā€™s a supernaturally talented skater but Jenkem going for the Dr Obvious weed angle just makes him look daft.
If he really is smoking an ounce a day then I hope somebody intervenes quick.

EDIT - itā€™s the dad in me talking, not wanting to judge and he does say he needs to quit etc but hey ho

Aside from the weed talk he comes across well.

I donā€™t like Jenkem, can you tell?

4 Likes

No, thatā€™s the explanation that Nike have woven into an image that they think will sell a shoe based on something Oski probably said once.
They did exactly the same shoehorning of the narrative with PRodā€™s second (iirc) shoe which had an oblique design reference to Alexander the Great who PRod was supposedly ā€˜inspired byā€™.

Nike is all about shoe narratives because itā€™s a hook to hang their marketing on.

No diggety to Oski though, he stayed at my house for a week once [/cmoac] and did the washing up every night. Lovely lad.

5 Likes