Interview Thread

oh shit, of course!

Wow, that was a really nice bit of history

He’s over 50!?!

Barletta inding the deck and shoe in the remains of the barn was pretty cool.

I don’t reckon he is, he always plays the “how old am I?” thing, doesn’t seem to wanna reveal his age.

Great piece, Louie is great!

He’s been around forever, he would be about 50

1 Like

Good point never thought it of like that. I assumed mid 40’s.

He is younger than 50. This old Transworld interview has him at 17. The article is dated 2001 but this is too late and likely corresponds to when the article was put online. He rode for Maple in the late '90s, so would be early 40s. i.e. similar age to Jerry.

This is probably him. Born November 1973

Where is he?
I think he moved close to mine but I never met him.

7 Likes

Had Barletta pegged at around 50 myself. Read somewhere years ago - probably bag of suck time - and at the time thought he only has 5 years on me.

doesn’t say exactly in the video, but a small village in the Swiss alps which holds loads of sports events, including events in the youth winter olympics 2020 which looks like it narrows it down to about 3 locations

1 Like

Had a chat with the guy who made all my favourite skate videos about his favourite skate videos.

7 Likes

Little clip here of Greg on Dyrdek in ‘Memory Screen’ to accompany the above.

My over riding takeaway from this interview is Brian looks like a real life South Park character

4 Likes

Thanks. Yeah so he’s apparently still in that same place which is very close to mine but I’ve never seen him. The international man of mystery!

1 Like

Bonus round with Greg talking AVE, ‘Dancing On Thin Ice’ and “that fucking bench”…

1 Like

Our very own @buildafire speaks with Mr Rattray about important matters for The Skateboarder’s Companion

8 Likes

Really good read that.

1 Like