John's Vid

was waiting patiently for mala to drop on that second loose trucks bit

Why canā€™t you? To me theyā€™re true to size and good straight out the box.

Adi all day.

1 Like

Never been another skater like him, maybe in some ways, but not like he does it. Think thatā€™s why Nik Stain is so sick to watch

1 Like

Stain has just got it hasnā€™t he. Nobody is quite sure exactly what ā€˜itā€™ is but heā€™s 100% got it. Fantastic skateboarding.

1 Like

He probably does, like most people, me included.
I stand by my words: Nik Stain cannot be put in the same category as Arto, Reynolds, Hawk, Rowley and the other Skaters Of The Year who all pushed skateboarding by doing really gnarly things, which is what Thrasher seems to have a really important criteria. Doesnā€™t mean his skating isnā€™t special, unique, cool or whatever you want to label it, which Iā€™d totally agree with.

Unsure why Stain is being compared to those dudes too.

Oh.

Well heā€™s our forum skater of the year.

1 Like

Well that was fucking amazing.

Can never remember who is who: Miles Silvas, Mason Silva.

Voted for Tom anyway.

Really amazing video. I like Nik Stain but personally itā€™s Max Palmer that is the missing link on the SOTY list, pretty surprised heā€™s not on it.

Nik Stain just filler for me. All about Max Palmer and his ever evolving hairline

2 Likes

Itā€™s ok to be wrong sometimes Mick

1 Like

Stain is like Huf and Reese Forbes. Power, speed, simplicity and style.

Only a few people can get away with a limited trick bag, heā€™s one of them.

2 Likes

Stain looks like like That twat Lawrence Fox.

the toes are way too long on them for me, donā€™t feel natural at all

1 Like

1 Like

Someone pointed out to me yesterday that Jon Dickson wasnā€™t on that initial candidate list for SOTY.

Maybe for the exact reasons it needed to be pointed out to me and hasnā€™t been mentioned in here - but he dropped a heavy part this year, closing out a video.

I guess dropping it in March goes against you, but Iā€™d argue that it was more deserved that a couple of the others who were on that initial list.

1 Like

I say ā€œiā€™d argueā€ but thinking about it, thats a bit of a stretch.

ā€œIā€™d mention it and say no moreā€ is probably closer to the truth.

1 Like

I probably didnā€™t word my opinion very well.

My point was that Thrasher seems to pick people on the gnarlier side for the SOTY crown and Nik Stain doesnā€™t really do anything super gnarly, unlike Arto, Rowley, Cole or whoever when they got SOTY.

Did I say that I liked Rowley? No, because I do not.
Did I say that Nik Stain wasnā€™t amazing? No, because I think heā€™s amazing.

Iā€™m not sure why you think I enjoy robotic skating that is too slow. No biggie.