KNOX!!!!

That was my favourite thing. Best bit for me was the Ollie over the bin to lipslide. But it was all sooo good

The whole thing was incredible. Had to make a gif of this one to watch again and again.

Tumblr Blog

9 Likes

To us yeah but Americans have a totally different appreciation for this type of skating, it will never trump their typical skate outlook.
Heā€™ll be in the running of course as a huge nod but Mason will have it.
There are some good contenders this year, Villiani for one.
I would vote for Knox like we all would but weā€™re a small team.

2 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s there, heā€™ll be right in the running I think but I donā€™t think he can topple the typical ethos. Fuck, iā€™d love to be wrong, Knox all the way for me.

Thrasher know how cool the UK is and would love to be able to have a UK SOTY.

Spoke to Burnett about it after I interviewed him. I donā€™t think he was just saying that because it was for a UK mag.

2 Likes

Just watched this. Was great.

Funnily, one of the little things that stood out to me was the front board on the tiny brick non skateable ledge on the wet ground, about 7:09.

It reminded me of the shitty spots we had to skate as kids. Putting wax on bricks to make them slide is such a UK thing to do

4 Likes

They must have put in a lot of work finding spots for this. Yeah, things like the Pimlico stairs are in there (but he found a new line on them) but the lines that stood out to me were the lines through those 1930s/1940s/1950s housing estates you get in London. The one with the series of banks and then the duck under the railing to fs shuv was fantastic. Really gave you a sense of travelling through the spot and a taste of the modernist architecture which makes British skating unique.

7 Likes

Totally. So good.

Iā€™ve watched this 7 times now.

And the weather forecast is wet all fucking weekend

2 Likes

Also very tempted to buy his shoe now. Anyoone know if I have to size up half a size on normal skate shoe sizing?

Just watched again.
Props to Jacob too. Yeah, heā€™s doing a little of the trendy zoom in and out and back in, filming Toms face more than needed maybe but itā€™s the best version that can be and heā€™s not missing a trick, showing the spot in the best way and if the trick does not show it up enough then there is a snip of the spot from a normal viewers perspective which just cements the trick even more.
Sounds like iā€™m hating a bit but I have said this before, Jacob does not need to follow trends, you have more than enough of your own style to be up there with the best and this shows in this part.

I have to half size up from UK10 (Nike and Vans) to UK10.5 in NB.

As @jamjar noted, you can check the centimetre measurements across brands to get it right.

I said this in private comms already however Iā€™ll say it again here because Iā€™m sure some people will be the same but I actually felt well proud watching this.

proud enough to use capitalisation on the forum for once

6 Likes

Nope haha, but in my own way this was a huge compliment.
Iā€™m not saying that that style is outright wrong, itā€™s only when itā€™s done badly (thatā€™s most people) that itā€™s the most annoying thing ever. Jacob has it perfected it and in such a way that itā€™s not an issue but I still feel heā€™s talented enough not to use it as itā€™s become such a contentious point.
Again, props to Jacob, itā€™s an amazing job by them both and it really is part of the year.

Iā€™m editing up some of my old footage just now, and thereā€™s plenty of that in there. I stole it from Dan Wolfe at the time.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a UK 9 and they fit true to size for me. Lovely shoe!

of course but when you see it you see it, you canā€™t gloss over a conscious choice to do what everyone else is doing with the loose umbrella of use of a basic camera feature. Zoom does not have a skater face finder built in.
Anyway, lets not say any more, this is a celebration, I shouldnā€™t have even said anything even though I needed to say it. If that makes any sense? it doesnā€™t.

3 Likes

Acknowledgement is the first step, man.

2 Likes

cheers. Iā€™m same as you in nike/vans and just got a pair of skate NBs in a 10. they are on the snug side but skateable. Will have a crack at sising up to 10.5

aw

1 Like