KNOX!!!!

Im definitely guilty of finding faults in stuff but there are none here.

The nollie 360 before the bluntslide on the bench though, KIDDING!
Sketch is the new clean.

I loved that, favourite part since Mark Suciu’s Verso. Thanks for posting it.

1 Like

Did we establish what is hitting that lamppost?

1 Like

Ring

1 Like

5 Likes

Umpteen watches in… a thing of beauty is a joy forever.

1 Like

This part made me genuinely happy to be a skateboarder at the same point in our culture’s history, as when Tom Knox is at this stage of his career and putting out parts like this.

6 Likes

I feel like it’s hard to innovate culturally in fields like art, music and literature now. Everything is ABD and we’re drowning in postmodernism.

What Tom and Jake are making together is amazing because it genuinely feels new.

10 Likes

yep. This

Banging video part.
Cover photo.
Interview.
That’s 3 of the main metrics covered from Thrasher’s obvious criteria. THen there’s the vague, abstract qualities, like “doing stuff for the mag”, or even just having that mysterious bit of je n’sais quoi which many of the obvious SOTYs had. Even it’s something where you see a link to a video and just by the skater’s name involved, you know it’ll be good, like Busenitz, Tiago Lemos, Mason Silva, Westgate, SBN, Roy Denzman, AVE, Gustav Tenneson and after this, I’d definitely put Tom Knox in that list. It’s taken a while for me to become a fan of his for a myriad of reasons, but yeah, he’s in with a clear shout I think.

3 Likes

Back lip photo is in the new Free. Sam Ashley photo.

15 Likes

Smashley’s photography kills it as well. He’s been plugging away getting better for absolutely ages.

4 Likes

I mean…He has been pretty incredible for a long, long time now. But yeah, hasn’t stopped getting better.

8 Likes

That’s amazing

Knox is the skater Suicu would love to be.

Fuck man, this part is insane. Again.

10 Likes

If anyone ever wanted to make a ‘skateboarders and their relationship with British post-war modernist architecture’ photo book and/or essay, I would definitely buy it.

4 Likes

That’s what I’m saying, it seems like for as long as I’ve been taking in skate media (15 years at the absolute most) I’ve seen him as this young dude working hard, being prolific and constantly improving. He’s so prolific and his improvement is so constant I haven’t really changed my perception of him from up-and-comer to seasoned and top-tier photographer up there with the best of them, and that’s really unfair to his abilities. Just commenting from my own personal point of view.

3 Likes

Absolutely. Love this new Heitor ad
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHlJvpNnKH4/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

He could really go places, this Sam fellow. One to keep an eye on I think.

2 Likes