Latest forum updates

Hey no pressure. I’d hate to think I was strong-arming anyone into donating anything. No judgement is made to people who don’t subscribe, etc etc

2 Likes

I need the cover. I’ve had too many people making remarks about reading about skateboarding in my life. They get even more confused when I tell them i’m only on the forum for the middle aged shed thread.

2 Likes

Thanks! Should be able to see them now

Well, logged in just now and it seems to be working, shit loads of notifications ha.

It would do the same at work though, on PC/firefox

1 Like

Facebook has revoked some developer privilege for the forum not complying to some usage rule I’ve got to look into. So Facebook and Instagram embeds will not work for the time being.

Am looking to fix but might take a few days/weeks so please bear with me :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Some nice changes in latest version (currently installing)

Avatars should stick when scrolling (so you can see who wrote post even if halfway through a long one) and also mobile scrolling should be improved.

2 Likes

Cool. It leaps around on mobile sometimes.

1 Like

Not sure what’s going on but as of today when I open a thread (on iPhone 5s) it immediately/automatically starts scrolling backwards from the latest comments. Any ideas?

Hmmmm I did upgrade forum yesterday. There has been an updated release which I just applied so hopefully that will fix it. Let me know if it still happens.

And a video of what happens would be appreciated and even better!

I have a similar issue to @deegwaad plus often times on iPhone the forum just won’t show any posts either.
I wasn’t going to post it in here as you’ve got way more important things to do I’m sure @Spanky but for the sake of transparency…

With that said, I only ever post using desktop, just lurk on phone.
Can I leave it to someone else @deegwaad @buildafire to screen record it?
I’m a spazz and don’t know how to do it.
x

You must flag these things

So it’s only on safari yeah?

Yeah I only use Safari on iPhone

Cleared cache etc and it’s still doing it.
Only started yesterday as far as I can tell

Is this still happening?

Really sorry been tied up in a load of family stuff, been updating the forum daily but not checking it’s fixed…

Seriously? ALL day? Come on man, there’s a back-end that needs tweaking.

Fnarr fnarr.

3 Likes

Yep, still happening for me.

Still happening? Just updated and bounced the server. Try in incognito/private browsing mode if you can

Yeah, it’s still happening.

for me too - only on iphone with safari though.
all threads on phone jump backwards in time and then often newer ones aren’t displayed.