Lintell's 'Northern Grit' part

Not gonna lie, slightly disappointed to see a Real without the whole crew involved but I guess it was all UK so I can’t complain

It’s a Thrasher part, not a Real part, right?

EDIT: Just checked. It is indeed a Thrasher part.

1 Like

Really enjoyed this one, gonna have to watch again though!

ohhhh fair enough. my bad. i just saw “Real” and assumed i’d get Ishod being Ishod at some point

2 Likes

As heard on the Nine Club whilst they’re watching this part through, ‘where is he? The Soviet Union?’, ‘well, it doesn’t look like the US’ :man_facepalming:

10 Likes

Jesus. I’ve been watching the Gessner interview and at least he talks enough to not have to put up with ol’ switch flip switch manny speaking too much

1 Like

Only one that knew it was the UK was Roger. Clearly the first time they’d come across Lintell and none had done any research. I like Chris Roberts but the ignorance is astounding. I remember when they reviewed Mark Suciu’s Verso part and the Raemers tribute was at the start. Crob wondered if he was from California.

3 Likes

They know Lintell for sure. He’s been on there several times.

They just didn’t know where it was filmed and to be fair, it’s not like the part having that title means England to many folk.

North of…somewhere.

And it had a couple of bits of London footage in there, too so it’s not even exclusively Northern.

The second part being true doesn’t mean the first part is true.

4 Likes

100% on point. ha ha.

‘So…uh… you’re a skateboarder huh?’

2 Likes

‘Nice accent, you from Australia?’

3 Likes

‘Crazy’

3 Likes

Yeah, I know he’s been in videos they’ve reviewed before - Arson dept (spitfire vid), Real clips and Cover Version - they know who he is and where he’s from, (and that his surname sounds a bit like lentil :roll_eyes:).

I don’t imagine they get the clip before it’s up on Thrasher. They’re like those kids that post comments on YT asking what the music on the video is when it’s listed in the description, (and in the credits). It hardly even qualifies as ‘research’ to read the two or three lines of text under the video you’re about to watch. (See below - from the Thrasher post).

‘’Harry’s quest for crust bears fruit, with a stream of clips from the dilapidated spaces around Manchester, Leeds and Liverpool. Watch the concrete crumble.’’

You know, that Manchester, Leeds and Liverpool north of Vladivostok.

6 Likes

“Manchester, the one by the sea? That film was heartbreaking!”

2 Likes

Rye and I joked about calling a video ‘What is song?’ for that exact reason

6 Likes

"Uh-huh. They named a village in England after a Lakai shoe? Craaaaaaazy… "

9 Likes

Your Ghost by Kristin Hersh

5 Likes

#sovietunion

11 Likes

On about five levels that statement is depressing.

7 Likes