London Calling! 17th - 20th August

Ended up getting very drunk with Jon Sablosky and Corpsehands last night.
Didn’t see that one coming :joy::joy:

3 Likes

What a mad few days. That was way more wild than I expected.

2 Likes

Is the forum thing up now? Not sure how you’re meant to copy the new URL from this? Super tech lol

Edit I typed it in new one is a minute long. Hopefully Winnie will sort it later

1 Like

Nice guy isn’t he, seemed very humble

1 Like

Yeah he was really nice and modest.
Humility was absolutely a shared value by nearly all of them. :wink:

5 Likes

Just to echo what’s already been said here.

Despite my previous profession, I am fairly disdainful of a lot of the self-cheering of the ‘skate industry’ these days but this was such a refreshing take on the notion of cultural self celebration.
Huge respect and appreciation to Douglas, Bod, Dan Adams, Iain Borden, Neil McDonald, Don Brown, Wig and the rest of those who made this happen. I know a few of them lurk here so thank you all.
Even bigger thanks to Sinclair, Turnbull, Sheenagh, Sablosky, Napper, Henderson, Kadir, Lidell, Cassimus and that other guy for baring their souls and memories so that The Elder Times finally get the recognition they deserve.
It’d be ace if people who took photos felt like posting some in this thread so we have a fixed reference point rather than a polyphony of unconnected insta posts.
I’ve got some good shit - will post next week.
Big up everyone who I met/saw/bumped into.

9 Likes

Unlike a certain other attendee. :grin:

1 Like

There’s two of the best people ever in the same place at the same time.

5 Likes

4 Likes

8 Likes

The contact sheet Sam’s looking at there is photos of Jeff Pang lipsliding the Danger Bank at Meanwhile. :exploding_head:

5 Likes

Fuck yeah @buildafire
I’m on a train with Victorian WiFi but will add some in a bit.
Can people who didn’t go still buy the zine?

1 Like

Yeah, Palomino will have it. It’s gone down pretty well and I think there’ll be a shop page on the LC site soon. Dan’s doing that, and big ups to him for making it look so beautiful.

It’s for sale in the gallery too.

1 Like

That was halftime at the forum and I’ve just realised there’s mag-men Cassimus, TLB, Ben and Rye all in the same photo.

4 Likes

Was a great turn out at SB yesterday, caught up with my old boss who ran RnR , various other faces from the past and industry and got a skate in too . The vibe was so rad . Absolutely applaud everyone involved in pulling this together.

3 Likes

Yeh,
Amazing to be able to say hello and have a chat with all those skaters that were on my bedroom walls 45+ years ago.

6 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

Sick!
Who’s the guy in the Barbour jacket in the fifth picture?

I need to get the rest off my camera but I’m in the pub again (whoops).
Few phone ones for now.

Corpse and Sablosky

Some of the UK guys and some guy called Tony

Left to right
Bod, Jeremy Henderson, James Cassimus, Marc Sinclair, Jon Sablosky, Tony, Dan Adams (standing) RAD archive, Alex Turnbull, Simon Napper

6 Likes