Mark Gonzales appreciation thread too.

ah cheers, weird how the pov makes it look angled.

1 Like

@Heavymetalchuck says:

Gonz came in to ET Surf when I was working and set that board up. It was the first time he was riding no risers. That is why his bolts are so long. He didn’t want to go straight truck to board so he used some ET shop stickers under the trucks. You can kinda see a round sticker sticking out on the sides

So he wasn’t saying Gonz invented riding without risers :smiley:

I was always lead to believe the Alva boys started the no risers/no hardware trend.

3 Likes

Thanks for the book feedback :+1:

Received an Amazon voucher from work so might pick that up along with the Spike Jonze Beasties one.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks for that. I don’t have Instagram so if I hit a link I can see the photo/video but can’t read the comments.

@Mike : I can’t recommend enough Pete Thompson’s book, ‘93 Til.

4 Likes

Yep, it’s really good. I picked ‘93 Til up once it became more widely available. I’d given up getting it last year!

2 Likes

1 Like

6 Likes

Cor!
shows how nuts Howard’s front nose was the year before

1 Like

good shit

1 Like

Sick

3 Likes

Two in a row on my Instafeed this morning…

(1st swipe on this one)

‘80s Mark Gonzales personal boards’
@destroyedwood on Insta.

1,312 Likes, 76 Comments - @destroyedwood on Instagram: "80s Mark Gonzales Personal boards. 😍 Every vertically hung board in this clip was skated or owned by Gonz. I added the MG correct trucks and wheels to all of these. I like completes....

2 Likes

:v: ‘oh fudge’ - mg”
@tiaromano on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWocpQMh46wHHblve8-vkOX1-uYt-zasbdQWzs0/?utm_medium=share_sheet

Heal up soon Gonz! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I can’t not love Gonz.

1 Like

“inside marks mind via Daniel & Bailley”

3 Likes

What we guessing the Video Days deck is going to go for?

I’ll say $11k… but there are some nutters out there so could be more

Wonderful stuff :slightly_smiling_face:

Would it appeal to his art fans and well as skaters? Could go higher!

Anyway, it’s more than I can afford.

I nearly cried when I bought one of the 9" Krooked Gonz N Roses a couple of years ago.

Don’t have any real interest in the video days deck but I shared this one I have on insta today.

It’s not the first run, only has front wheel wells and no yellow face…but it’s an early 1986 deck with the copyright info on it. Best gonz deck ever IMO.

2 Likes