Merry Christmas ya'll

Been up since about 8, the lad’s opened a couple of presents and is obsessed with them so he’s got the rest for later. He’s hyped Father Christmas came, its so rad how excited he is!
Buttered and baconed the Turkey crown, made my bread sauce yesterday, all the veg is ready to go. What time is it acceptable to get on the booze?

2 Likes

I started at 11.45 and had a 2pm nap as a pit stop
worked out well.

Right now.

2 Likes

10:30am is booze time for me if I’m not going anywhere. But not knocking them back, just a gentle start to the festivities haha

Just been done for leaving sucker marks all over the window with our daughter’s new soft archery set. Didn’t even help when I pointed out the excellent grouping. Might start on the Bailey’s soon, then building a fire in the back as we’re still keeping our distance from my folks when they come round.

Merry Christmas everyone! :slight_smile:
Cried last night watching the new Worzel Gummage. Was a heartwarming belter of an episode.

Just found out the boiler is broken… doing alright otherwise tho!

Just about eat a family size pack of smoked salmon to myself. Snooze you lose.

2 Likes

Rad. Had some smoked salmon and cream cheese on ritz crackers while Im cooking. Fancy as fuck us eh?

1 Like

Unfortunately as much as I love oysters they make you sick really often unless they are fresh caught, fresh shucked. They “filter feed” which apparently means they catch anything going in the air or water. Supermarkets aren’t allowed to sell fresh oysters if their seafood section is too near raw pork. It’s exceptionally easy to catch norovirus from oysters (we had it early in the year). Knowing all this I still love them and eat them regularly

They’re awful.

Not doing anything here as we don’t celebrate Christmas as such. My reasons being that I don’t have kids, am not a Christian, have a bunch of ‘stuff’ and don’t really want any more, don’t drink so I can’t put my booze glasses on and stumble happily on through, I see my family whenever I want, don’t work all that much and so don’t have to look forward to the time off as they say, etc, etc. It’s not that I dislike Christmas, but have become indifferent to it and over time it’s lost it’s relevance to my family and me. We decided a few years ago to stop with the obligation to travel about to see one another over the Christmas period. We also decided that we’d give to charity whatever we would have spent on pressies instead of buying things for each other that if we truly wanted them we could have bought for ourselves. This year the RNLI, Monkey World, the local hospice and Amnesty got presents from me. I bonused up the postie and our regular delivery guys as well.

If you are celebrating Christmas then Merry Christmas to you. If not then that’s fine too and best wishes to you also. If you find yourself feeling stressed or down at this time of year then remember Christmas is a flash in the pan and will be over before you know it and life always has it’s ups and downs. Things more often than not will improve over time and I hope things take a positive turn for you. Best wishes to all the forumers and let’s hope that next year turns a corner and things start to move in a more positive direction than of late for all.

All that said I still enjoy a watch of It’s a Wonderful Life and The Box of Delights and a read of MR James ghost stories around this time of year.

1 Like

Merry Christmas everyone. Finally got a minute to myself after playing with toys and cooking some sort of vegan Christmas dinner.

Time to start on the twiglets.

1 Like

Saw some fam from a distance they sat indoors with the patio doors open while i stayed outside n me mum made me a cheese sarnie for me christmas dinner.
Fun shralp at the empty park though, nice weather today

https://instagram.com/stories/moggins/2472038776715929643?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=pq1k2grwulj2

1 Like

I’m so fucking full.

I’m so fucking nearly properly pissed.

:heart:

1 Like

Merry Christmas mother fuckers.

4 Likes

Always struggle to get pissed on Xmas day with the amount of food in my belly I can’t stomach much liquid. Especially when my main drink is Guinness. Just switched to trackies, cracked open a bottle of baileys and am gonna give it my best!

Merry Christmas all of you. Very grateful for this place!

3 Likes

Yeha I’ve been drinking all day but I’m not plastered. Moved onto whisky sodas to chill. Hope everyone having a good day. Typically the first day that’s properly dry here in ages is Xmas day

1 Like

I bet my farts are worse than all of your farts.

3 Likes

The Christmas Lunch worked out well, Ive had to have two shits today. Probably not done yet.

Had a few beers and some Baileys, havent really drunk at all this year so feeling pretty mellow right now. Baked some bread to facilitate The Best Sandwich of the Year which I’ll be making later.

This year’s been weird but I’ve had a banging Christmas to be honest. Hope y’all have had equally good days.

3 Likes

Legit can’t move due to food baby.
Had 2 naps.
Good day.

4 Likes