Middle Aged Shed

Sick but please sort out that grass/gravel boundary. It’s giving me anxiety just thinking about it.

4 Likes

Yer sure man will report back next week. Never even clock that.

Tips for weed and grass infested gravel areas?
I have a largish area that needs attention. It seems like a huge job that is low priority, max effort.
I’m spanners over spade all day long, but I’d like sort it.

You can make weed killer out of vinegar, salt and washing up liquid but they will grow back. If you want them gone for good you need to dig it up, put a membrane down then put the gravel back down, making sure there is no soil mixed in that might give weeds something to grow on.

3 Likes

Petrol

Home made weed killer sounds good. I might try digging it all out and getting some grass dead down.

I’ve got 20l of 2 stroke mixed up

1 Like

A strong mix of Gramoxone, Round Up and creosote should do it…just joking, don’t go that way. @KeithBeef is right - manual removal, i.e. digging it out, is the best and surest way to get rid. There are loads of different weed control membranes out there. I used run of the mill Mypex on some raised beds four years ago and have had no problems. Digging’s time consuming for sure but will get the job done.

Digging it is then!

Going wild in my second week of annual leave and stripping wall paper. After doing the garden last week and doing this today I can confirm that stripping wallpaper is worse than watching paint dry!

2 Likes

Its horrible isnt it? I remember its all humid with the steamer then you have a lot of hot damp paper all over you. Grim

1 Like

Is it woodchip? If not, you have no idea…

1 Like

Usualy easier to just knock the wall down and build another.

1 Like

We still have woodchip on our downstairs ceilings because I couldn’t face stripping it. Selling the house to escape it.

2 Likes

Whoever invented woodchip should be severely punished. Or any textured wallpaper really. I found it’s easier to get rid of it with a bucket and sponge and scraper than a steamer thing.

Woodchip on the ceiling and one wall, got the one wall done and half the ceiling. It’s taken 4 hour… can’t wait to go back to work next week!

EDIT: just finished. 9 and a half hours of my life I’ll never get back thanks to woodchip. Got the steamer for another day and no other rooms needing to be stripped so may just shut the doors and windows in the spare room and create a sauna for the day tomorrow :joy:

1 Like

Wallpaper in general is the absolute worst DIY invention. Had a ton of beige anaglypta on all walls to remove when we moved in. Got about halfway there before sacking off the rest until 6 months down the line. Just paint the walls white and be done with it. None of this Farrow and Ball “Railings” shite or feature wall nonse-sense. White will always work/win.

5 Likes

Haha I read somewhere, “Thanks to lockdown and TikTok, expect any house you move into in the next 8 months to have MDF stapled to the walls”

5 Likes

Exact words to my wife were “this is why we should never wallpaper anything ever”. She agreed.

1 Like

Could you not sand it off?