Middle Aged Shed

Right on cue

3 Likes

Been tasked to make a chalk board in the kitchen by painting a rectangle and sticking some frame around it. I decided to put a few pins in the wood close to the corners to make better joints. Banged a load in then realised I’m directly in line with the radiator pipes. :grimacing:

I really hope I didn’t catch any, as it wouldn’t be the first time.

1 Like

Don’t you have one of those metal detectors for walls things (for cables/pipes/joists)? You only need to fuck up once for it to pay for itself and the peace of mind they give is priceless

Yeah got one in the garage. With no battery in. Didn’t cross my mind at all to use it. I’m out of practice.

1 Like

Mind blown
https://www.instagram.com/p/C3DYWaPOr71/?igsh=MTRlbjd5bmhlZjh0bQ==

3 Likes

If it’s even marginally big enough for a ride on you should get one of those. I’d have one except mowing my lawn would basically consist of a three point turn.

2 Likes

Battery mowers are getting better. I’ve got a tiny law and we have a basic Flymo battery mower that is great. Long cables are a massive pain. These newer ones can handle 300m2 lawns on one charge.

2 Likes

But living the dream

4 Likes

I imagine most will come in anyway, but get one where you adjust the cut length.

1 Like

I ended up with this after our petrol lawn mover fucked up for the 5th time.

Ours came with 2x 3ah batteries, which do run out quicker than you think but got a 5ah battery cheap. Can use the 18vs for other tools, strimmers, drills etc.

I use Dewalt and Milwaukee stuff so was a little apprehensive about these but they are pretty good to be honest.

1 Like

Got the week off work so decided to tackle the jobs early part of it and enjoy the rest. First up was this section of the garden that previously was covered in weeds up to knee height. All dug out, membrane down and bark over the top. Need to get a few bits to go on there and make it less bland but happy with the days work… Apart from the fact my back now hates me!

4 Likes

Good work! I’ve moved so much material about the last couple of weeks, dug up all the borders graded the soil put some sleepers down around the edge, taken two trees out and cleared a space for a new shed/summer house type of thing that I’m going to attempt to design and build myself, also got some tiles for the concrete patio.

4 Likes

Our shed had a load of false widows in last year. Creepy little fuckers

Looks great! Definitely worth the hard work!

I really need to crack on with my garden but its a pretty daunting task. Both looking good @markg and @Brewer

1 Like

Thanks all. Having a few people round on Saturday so it was a good kick up the arse to sort it out. Chuffed with the string lights we bought today, got the fire pit in the shed ready to go too. My wife has already made the gag it will look like we’re in Love Island before anybody else says it!

5 Likes

On some other forum somewhere, you’re the neighbours people complain about for having too much fun. :joy:

1 Like