Music thread

Adrian used to come into the record shop I worked at quite a bit. Really nice guy. They’d all also pop up in my local in Cotham every now and again.

Though to be fair Bristol being the way it is (and the size it is) the chance of bumping into Roni Size, Daddy G, Die or anyone from the various music scenes was always pretty high back then, so not really a CMOAC statement…

1 Like

Damn I got it wrong!
There I was trying to be cool

All I’ve been listening to for the last 2 weeks is Lives Outgrown by Beth Gibbons. She’s amazing.

2 Likes

I’ve heard a few tracks on the radio… need to get this.

1 Like

I think I probably still have my original copy of Dummy on tape. Somewhere :woozy_face:

Edit - looking back those 30 years have gone remarkably quick. But it is also a lifetime.

1 Like

No way man, I feel so old lol

it was the 30th anniversary of the release of Licence to ill the other week, and i thought, yeah that feels about right. Turns out i was 10 years out and i’d misread Ill Communication. Gutted.

5 Likes

Favourite song from the album
It’s A Fire (youtube.com)

lol man, I remember my parents driving past it and my brother pointing out the signpost.

1 Like

Haha! I was trying to ignore that bit.

I have a feeling a lot of favourite albums from my 20’s came out the year you were born too. :smiley: :sob:

3 Likes

Google says these came out in August '86. Not bad.

2 Likes

I think that may be showing all of '86 rather than specifically August…

Yeah probably.

Damn good year for music either way…

Whoa there’s a bunch on there that I own and love including Kreator and Janet Jackson.

I’m very broad-minded you know.

https://boomkat.com/products/simple-reality

Enjoying this

1 Like

If I remember right there’s a few GYBE fans on here…

New album is coming in October - Godspeed You! Black Emperor Reveal New Album, 'No Title As Of 13 February 2024 28,340 Dead' | The Quietus

7 Likes

Amazing! Thank you.

New Nails album is brutal.

3 Likes

Fucking hope I get an Oasis ticket