Music thread

I think one of them bought one of the KLF cop cars, I saw him driving round Camden in it in the early 90s

I feel like them being on TOTP was the exact moment Vision street wear became officially uncool

1 Like

Unless Smash Hits lied to me, I think you’re right.

1 Like

Zeroes and Ones.

Wasn’t the whole album Perverse synth? No instruments? Didn’t mind them at the time but not something I actively go back to tbh (I’d fell into a Hip Hop hole being a skinny white boy). Some decent tracks though.

Isn’t there an AFX remix of that or am I misremembering?

Edit:

3 Likes

Yep. There is and it is quite good. The one you posted and Mix 2, also.
I have the record of that…

2 Likes
2 Likes

Wow. Recon 1 sounds like the Romans nailing Jesus to the cross.

…Tonight has been a really good forum night.

I think that’s the one that has none of the original track in. Deadline came and he hadn’t done it so handed in a random ambient track

That was Lemonheads.

From the interview with Evan Dando:

DANDO: You know what’s cool? Aphex Twin did a really cool remix of one of our songs.

Which one?

DANDO: “Style.” But he took out all the music, so we didn’t put it out— but they must still have it [somewhere].

How did that come about?

DANDO: It was just a thing that he would do for extra money, he says. It was a piano piece that he composed, [that] was the remix. It’s awesome. I remember listening to it and going, “This is cool,” and stuff, but I didn’t get it at the time. I wished he had used some of the song [“Style”]. But I love it now.

3 Likes

Haha sick cameo Ped :grin:

(Don’t come in this thread much)

1 Like

Yeah, that’s it.
Story from Aphex side was basically a courier turned up and he hadn’t done anything so just grabbed a tape.

I’m sure it wasn’t as simple as that. Probably more prepared. But equal in terms of fucks given.

1 Like

I stand corrected. i don’t hear any Jesus jones in that remix either, guess he could have done it more than once?

You know the old saying…If it ain’t broke, don’t sample it.

Right?

1 Like
2 Likes

Been listening to these guys quite a lot lately. Their cover of CREAM at 4:43 is definitely worth a listen.

1 Like

Reminds me a bit of

They do loads

1 Like

Love this. I’m generally a fan of anything with a steel drum but that Dirt of Your Shoulder cover is next level!

1 Like

Going down a wormhole with this group now. The PIMP cover is so good.

1 Like

Yeah they’re good eh. i think i found them when i saw the album on rapandsoulmailorder ebay going cheap and checked it out. Then they popped up in that film Anatomy of a Fall as the music hubby plays when he’s pissed off, which was pretty obscure

1 Like

My album from last year is on sale for a fiver download or £5.99 cd if anyone is vaguely interested

1 Like