Music thread

I love a bit of global psych madness.
This is from Malaysia (Dreamseller at 15:35).

Maybe you’re already using this but I only just found it.

I wanted to find some good instrumental artists similar to vangelis and I used this and it came up with some great reminders and suggestions.

1 Like

This is pretty cool too

https://www.airkhruang.com/

Found loads of things that are now in my every day playlist that I’d never of heard otherwise. Turns out Iran used to have a wicked jazz scene.

Love this slow burner -

https://youtu.be/srK1TlIT82c

1 Like

played tunes at a record fair last saturday and managed to sneak it in amongst a load of mostly ambient, felt v good to hear properly again !

Bibio’s latest is really nice if the mood you’re in is lying in a field chewing grass and reading a book.
Pretty, good mood stuff.

did a new reggae mix at the weekend (having some issues with the hyperlink here though - doesnt seem to be posting the player like it did before?)

edit if i put link on its own line it doesnt show up at all?

What skate video was this in? I’m guessing some dope as fuck ledge lord skated to it in the late 90s, possibly in a Chocolate video.

Thought that was some Joan Jett shit I hadn’t seen before…

That Runaways was late-90s UK hip-hop, so maybe Craig Smedley or somebody.

1 Like

Haven’t heard this one for a while, beautiful stuff.

1 Like

Autechre’s new album is really good. I know there are only a couple of others on here that may be interested. Most initially approachable stuff they have done for years.

2 Likes

Will need to give this one a listen, didn’t know there was a new 'un.

This just made me look and Incunabula was 27 years ago! Fucking hell.

2 Likes

Understandably.

The one with Asia Argento on it (last one? two albums ago?) was a bit of a masterpiece.

1 Like

Rad, gonna listen to this driving to the skatepark tomorrow. Thanks!

1 Like

This is a for ever in your mix list

Some Leyland Kirby likers lurking, and this is interesting. The album/s is/are incredible so it makes sense that more people want to hear it, whoever they are.

“I really shouldnt have listened to all 6 hours, my body feels numb & i wont stop crying,”

2 Likes

I’m way too scared to do this.