Music thread

I want to be buried with this album

2 Likes

He’s been around for a while and got involved with Grant W-C (Rephlex) and tried to sell people special mud. Developed the Colundi sequence which was just a scale with some wishy washy sales bumf to make it sound mystical… Couldn’t get on with the seemingly desperation in trying to set himself apart but I guess some people need that from an artist to give them the time of day. All that shite aside, his music is good, done some real nice stuff.

1 Like

I’d obviously take “frequencies that heal the body” as total bollocks but music that sounds nice and a bit different, yes. He must be doing something right cos I bought another 2 albums

2 Likes

Pre-save on Spotify to be among the first to hear this!

Inspired by Hugo’s Care Bear enthusiasm… I listened to Spotify enough this year for this to work:

2 Likes

Me too. Thanks to the kids for getting Rasputin up there! This is mainly car but also at the skatepark and stuff. I don’t really think I listen to Misfits that much so it’s slightly suprising. I thought Nice N Smooth would be up there I absolutely rinse them but maybe it’s because I listen to more of their tracks…or maybe not all the songs are credited to them and are on mixes?

1 Like

I’m not sure how accurate the wrapped is tbh. It’s put Modest Mouse as my 5th most played artist of this year and yet there wasn’t a single Modest Mouse song in my top 50 most played songs. Similarly, although I’ve been rinsing that Amyl and the Sniffers album the past 2 months I can’t believe I’ve listened to it enough to out play other actual favourite songs…

I have questions around accuracy with mine being DOOM, but I did hammer some of his stuff. Definitely listened to more Aesop Rock. Did go through some War of the Worlds musical whilst reading the book.

I do tend to fall asleep with Spotify on and wake up to random music at 4am :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I swear that Metallica is only on here because I was trying to learn Orion for ages.

Livin’ Proof that Group Home is on your list.

1 Like

Can’t go wrong with anything Gang Starr/Premier affiliated

2 Likes

Damn straight. I ‘bought’ Hard to Earn with 10p coupons saved from the back of crisp packets. I eat a lot of crisps.

ETA - big fan of this.

This is good, Duncan from Phantom Band on a friend’s label outta Todmorden

One of the Phantom Band refused to let me use his bass amp when we were on before them supporting an Australian band called the Drones so I will forever despise them.

Really liking Ekkstacy just now, since they sound like Northern English post-punk minimal wave:

Imagine my shock when I discovered it isn’t a band, it’s one 18 year-year-old from Vancouver, and he looks like this:

Emo-rap seems to have gone full circle into just becoming really good indie.

4 Likes

2 Likes

yeah very enjoyable this

1 Like

Isn’t it? Makes me think of these sorts of things:

…and knowing there isn’t much chance that that’s where the ideas are coming from, knowing they’re coming from a completely different place, is rad.

2 Likes

does sound massively like something dark entries would reissue aha

1 Like

Fao @anonymity

Jehst not fuckin around on this one