New episode of ‘This Old Ledge’ with Ted Barrow

Don’t we already have a thread for this?
I couldn’t find it…

9 Likes

I was sticking them in the Concrete Reality thread.

5 Likes

Cheers @Scurbrampwoody - definitely deserving of its own thread I think.
Haven’t watched the new Brooklyn Banks one yet, saving for later.

2 Likes

Best series. Gotta love Ted.

Absolutely. I could easily watch 200 episodes of this.

1 Like

Good stuff, but had certainly hoped for some new old footage in amongst RB’s greatest hits. Maybe two or three things in there that hadn’t had an airing before, overall?

3 Likes

I had never seen Huf’s kickflip before and really liked how the video ended with it.

Yeah I agree - I don’t understand why these are not longer with more talking heads from the relevant skaters. I mean, it is brilliant as is but it feels like a missed opportunity to not make them longer.

2 Likes

Thrasher really need to double down on more Ted content like this and bin off Gary Rogers and his bullshit

5 Likes

Off topic but has anyone tried watching those Gary Roger’s X Games interviews with Kader, KB or Nak? Insert brain dribbling out of ears emoji.

Maybe they are making them viewer friendly, bite size edits for people who don’t want to sit through hour long videos? Which seems like the norm these days with content fighting for peoples attention spans.

1 Like

Yup. They’re absolutely terrible. The one with KB was just so shitty. Gary Rogers just brown nosing the fuck out of KB as he tries to explain why he doesn’t put out footage or post on insta.

1 Like

Christ no - I did try but it seemed terrible and I only made it about 3 minutes in. Gary clearly has his place but long form content is not it.

1 Like

Yeah, that was pretty much my take on it too. Obviously I wasn’t expecting it to be a skate version of In Our Time with Melvyn Bragg what with Gary Rogers, the X Games platform and the choice of guests so I set my mental bar low, low down but somehow they managed to limbo under that in the first couple of minutes. Kader and KB are fried and Nak is an insufferable berk. The more I see of Gary outside of Skateline the more he annoys me. On top of that, all four of them are thick as planks. I knew it was best avoided but I couldn’t help rubberneck the car crash.

1 Like

Genuine LOL

4 Likes

Gary for the kids. Ted for the grownups!

1 Like

Gary for the N bombs.

11 Likes

When my wife and I went to New York last October we accidently came across the over rail and she was just looking at me strangely while I buzzed off and took photos of a handrail. Also walked round to the Courthouse and Blubba while wondering round and it was while Trump was in the courthouse during his trial. Never seen so many cops and press in my life!

4 Likes
12 Likes