Nine Club

Guess Axel isn’t thrilling?

Watched a bit yesterday, will finish later. He’s a real nice lad, very likeable. The opposite to his Team mate Colin P.

Yawn. Will give it a miss. It’s bound to get good again soon. Even the Experience has been shit lately.

I’ve been digging into the Crossing Boarder podcasts instead.

Nine Club has been awful lately.

Experience is constantly shite. Can’t handle that bollocks anymore.

Need me some more Bunt please!

Mini Axel was no Marto, that’s for sure! Haha.
Look at where they both are now…

I listen to most Nine Club episodes but skipped a few recently.

Bigspin podcast isn’t bad, it’s all in French though. Milou said some mad shit in his interview. Took him 2 goes to do that front blunt on El Toro! Mental. He also talked about how he approaches big stuff and it really made sense, it somehow made big gnarly shit seem less big and gnarly. Pretty rad to see how these guys think before doing that stuff. He was kind of a contest guy (wearing Globes) to me but he sounded like a really good guy and he’s a total skate rat. Léo Valls’s interview was dope too. I’m not super into his skating but he was rather interesting to listen to.
Don’t judge a book by its cover.

That episode was brilliant.
Loved Daclin’s too.

1 Like

I’ve met Eric and Daclin a few times. Both are legends. I bet they’ve got stories for days, and they’re smart about them too.

Daclin is a legend indeed. Quite the skateboarding encyclopedia. Talk about trick names and skateboarding history with him! He’s the professor.
Lunchbreak sesh every single day in your 40s? Even when it’s fucking freezing in Lyon in January? Now that’s love and dedication.
Quite a visionary too. Cliché and Film, yes. And he supports all the local scenes and small companies.
He’s always up for organizing trips and jams and sessions and everything too, even here in Switzerland where no companies or teams ever come.
Big up Gégé!

Never met Antoine but I always really liked his pictures. His stories on Bigspin were pretty rad.

2 Likes

Yeah, but to be fair, he doesn’t even need to leave his shop for a lunch time sesh!

Building a red curb and a microamp in your office is even more dedication!

That’s two in a row I’ve not bothered with. Not done that before. Wonder if they’ve got any good ones lined up?

Haven’t finished one since Bob, and that was ten episodes ago.

Completely. Feels like there’s been a lot of current skateboarders in a row, rather than somebody a bit older or industry people. I guess there was NeckFace but even that was tough.

Most current skateboarders are very boring when they’re speaking.

1 Like

Unless he’s wearing his “numbers Puleo” persona. I guess that might be entertaining for 5 minutes? Hopefully it’d be “stickers Puleo”

1 Like

It’s pretty bad and telling when all the interesting people are the dicks and the nice people are boring. But for entertainment, it’s true, and especially when the host is too focussed on his clean ideas to not make it controversial.

The ninth letter of the alphabet is I. It corresponds to the semitic yod, which may derive from an early symbol of the hand and to the greek iota.

The greek iota is the ninth letter of the greek alphabet.

September is the ninth month of the year.

9/11.

5 Likes

Paul Schmitt. Back on track and a good one for Roger hopefully.

2 Likes

Just started and they’re talking ply direction percentages.

Hooked!

1 Like