Nine Club

Got an hour left to watch after work today… enjoyed it so far. Told some good stories and is surprisingly funny.

Yeah it’s pretty interesting actually. He’s got some good stories and to be fair, he’s a bit mellower than his persona sometimes comes across

I like how he can remember everybody’s name, and the names of all those scouse sports teams, and is giving props. Although not mentioning Jeremy Fox or Ian Deacon is interesting.

The mindset explanation for the Staples 50 was good too.

yeah i wonder if he specifically told them that he won’t be talking about start of or end of his time on Flip. most of his interview is more about his attitude towards skating which is fine and all i guess

if this interview means we get some 5 hour Alex Moul mega session then it’ll be worth it

2 Likes

I think there’s too many gaps in Alex’s career for that to work.

hell i’d be happy with an hour or two about his early days skating in the european contests, although i suppose a fair amount of that was covered for us in his sidewalk interview

alex will be a listen to job, i aint looking at the ridiculous moustache.

3 Likes

Absolutely heinous moustache.

1 Like

sadly very true thats why a lot of the noin clubs are so dull, at least on the bunt they actually ask interesting questions which gets something better out of the skaters than boring sponsorship history

1 Like

Yeah it’s just the skateboard ‘Life stories with Piers Morgan’ now. They almost seem to get awkward when a skater wants to talk about super personal stuff, “Shit happens, but it’s all good now dude (going back to a subject that’s not that one, fast)”

Don’t get me started on the ‘Experince’, what started as a phone in, face-timing pros, etc, has now turned into begging for a dollar, box opening show. Whining about their lives.

1 Like

I was a bit underwhelmed with Rowley’s episode. With someone with so much history in the game it was a bit flat. Surely he’s got a hundred funny stories from the early flip days, instead we listened to him justify hunting and how he’s only just now creating a new board shape that no other company has thought of. Freedome is a stupid name too. Was interesting to hear about his method of skating giant ledges though and the time he nearly died of internal bleeding.

There was a distinct lack of talk about flip. I guess it’s in part the fault of the interviewers for not asking the right questions but I also wonder if Geoff didn’t want to talk about it.

Seems weird to ignore the job you had for 20 years of your life, but you got the impression there’s some bad blood there just by the fact that flip was mentioned maybe twice in the whole interview

Was mentioned on slap that it may be due to legal reasons. Which would make sense.

1 Like

I remember hearing somewhere there was a legal case with Geoff suing flip.

That rings a bell actually and would make sense why Flip was bareley mentioned… As people have already said there was loads more that could have been talked about but as per usual nine club just skim over certain topics… I did enjoy it though, he was deffo more funny and chilled out than I thought he would be.

Sorry but if the nine club went for blood in their interviews and asked the hard questions they would’ve been finished after 20 episodes

There’s going for the blood and then there is being utter pedestrian. If I couldn’t talk about anything for legal reasons, I’d say so upfront, fair enough.

2 Likes

Grant Yansura tomorrow. Should be a good one!

1 Like

who?

1 Like

I thought the same.