Nine Club

Starting companies.

1 Like

Iā€™m about 4.30 in. Heā€™s still not mentioned being in Paul Blart Mall Cop. WTF!

1 Like

Did he mention being in the hangover?

ha, just about to say about the hangover.

I wish they did ā€˜Nine Club Litesā€™ or something for those of us that donā€™t have hours to spare. Iā€™d love to catch up on some of these but simply donā€™t have the time. Last one I saw/listened to all the way through was Tom Knox.

Slight segue, but I have to say heā€™s one of my favourite skaters out the crop of new* talent.

*younger than 44 1/2

1 Like

So bad. I thought he was going to say ā€œIā€™m sick of talking about how great I am, why donā€™t you talk about great I am for a whileā€ ā€¦ an hour in till he got his first board. I mean he can tell a story thankfully.

Of course the first time he stepped on a board he did the craziest thing that skater had ever seen, itā€™s Mike V. Thats when I started to get the feeling all his stories might just be turned up to 11. Mike V - ā€˜even when I was the worst, I was still the bestā€™. The way he paints it all, he was always 100% skating and still is, nothing about his Ice Hockey or Wrestling days which were a big part of his hard man image BITD and his anger issues, youā€™d honestly think you were talking to the second coming of Buddha, he has been so zen all his life. He never comes out of a story looking bad too. It was always someone elseā€™s bad idea.

ā€˜He didnā€™t need skateboarding, skateboarding needed himā€™ - The Mike V story, in cinemas soon.

1 Like

ahemā€¦kind of enjoying this episodeā€¦heā€™s a lot more coherent than his skating would have led me to believe.

Yeah. Nobody thought we were a load of aggro tattooed skinheads who couldnā€™t do flip tricks. Thank goodness he was able to speak up for us and redress that.

1 Like

I found the early days stuff interesting, Iā€™m sure some psychologist would have a field day with that stuff. His version of himself does not match everyone elseā€™s though. No mention of all the lame stuff heā€™s done at all.

Finally finished!

Sounds like hes been to some self help / positive thinking seminars.

Tomorrow

1 Like

Obviously one of our top exports but all this hunting malarkey and starting a new company. (Must be a new board company popping up every week these days.) Kinda gone off him. Not sure I could listen to his accent for more than half an hour either.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/_D2XuU_Kaqg

Sorry, not got a clue how to embed on here.

I hope heā€™s not a dick. Like, I know heā€™s a bit of a dick, but hunting and the occasional drunk incident aside, his legacy is still mostly intact

[quote=ā€œBvS, post:80, topic:20, full:trueā€]
I hope heā€™s not a dick.[/quote]

Iā€™ve lost hope.

Skipping this one.

Iā€™m hoping to hear about (amongst other things) early days skate England, vegan turned animal murderer and why he punched Phelpsā€¦ but they no doubt wonā€™t touch anything like that.

Iā€™m 1.5 hours in, he seems ok, if a bit overly positive, and I really hate that hunting shit. Interesting he doesnā€™t mention Jeremy Fox by name despite the whole Death Box, moving to the USA, Flip thing. And is touching his nose a lotā€¦

only just got in but loving it. everyone SHOULD know who motorhead are

Yup, the band that invented heavy metal.

2 Likes