Not Stoked.

This might have been mentioned already. Sad news that he passed. RIP. Comedian Norm Macdonald dies at 61 from cancer - BBC News One of the best

Stepped barefoot in cat sick this morning.

3 Likes

Commiserations. I can still smell the warm diarrhoea our dog used to leave on the landing when he went incontinent in his old age.

3 Likes

Better that stepping on a dead bird your cat brought back as a present during the night. Last time it made this horrible noise and that was the first thing that happened to me that day, straight out of bed. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Not sure why I read that while having breakfast. Damn.

6 months later - DM sent!

Signed up for this pub pool team when drunk and they’re going to be mad if I quit. It’s the same night my friends go skating and I think that’s healthier. Feel like it’s an ego thing, because I’m a decent player and I get a boost but not sure that drinking environment is a great idea. Not sure why I’m venting lol, but it’s something that’s been on my mind for ages.

3 Likes

Go once and play so badly they ask you not to come back. Then you are free to skate. And next time you see them in the pub, you can hustle them with your secret skills.

3 Likes

What Mick said. Free time is precious, use it wisely.

3 Likes

hahaha I like it!

Surely all pubs know that something like only 15% of drunkard people that sign up to any pub team actually commit to it?

1 Like

Last time I saw my friend to go skating he was like haven’t seen you in a month and it was because of this pub pool. Made a lot of friends through skating whereas before it was mostly drinking friends I had so would be sad to lose that. Thanks everyone.

1 Like

Yeah sack the pool off. Don’t even go and play badly, just be firm and say nah. You can play pool any time, skating is way harder to fit into a schedule.

5 Likes

Am redoing our bathroom.

Plumber came and took out all the old bits and it’s ready for the Tiler to start.

Tiler has no petrol and can’t get to a garage so we’re stuck with a bathroom with holes all over the walls.

Wife looked in the bath this morning and there’s about 100 mouse droppings and 4 of those massive house spiders.

I’m ok with it taking a bit longer since we have another shower but wife is freaking out as she has a mouse phobia and cannot deal with unfinished work. Somehow it’s my fault too.

Can you move in with family? I’m having mine redone soon and moving into my mother in laws place. Can’t be dealing with trying to live around the carnage.

Yeah, maybe go and stay at you mum’s? Fuck getting an earful for mice being there.

Na it’s closed off. Have 2 toilets and another shower so it’s really not that bad.

I’m more annoyed at the urgency in which she thinks is possible to get another tiler with petrol who’s not on another job.

She got a quote from someone double what our original guy with no petrol was going to pay lol.

Have the mice appeared since the work started? Fuck having mice.

Yeah since there is open holes in walls.

Get a cat. Mine brings one home every night.