Not Stoked.

Four days into the new term and Ive got a bastard cold again. Feel like Ive only had about 2 months this year where Ive not been coughing and its about to start again.

Cock it

1 Like

I started a new job yesterday and woke up with a cold this morning. Was shit scared I’d get too sick to work later this week but I had the day off so I went skating this afternoon and sweated loads. Feeling better now.

Go do some slappies or even pop ollies if you want to recover. :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve got lot of warrant work tomorrow it’s been over two years since I last had to do it. Basically fitting prepayment meters in the homes of people who’ve stopped paying their bills. It’s a mixed bag, the majority of people are perpetually hopeless / unfortunate or they’re complete scum who can’t be responsible for themselves.

I whinge about all sorts of shit but I often forget how good I’ve really got it. Just a proper bummer fitting a meter whilst the occupant is screaming abuse at you or sat in squalor crying whilst umpteen kids climb the walls.

5 Likes

Had to have our 19 year old cat put down. She was an awesome, tiny little thing, so friendly. Except if you were a cat, she never had much time for them, just about tolerated her brother when he was alive. But she was a terrifying banshee who would just run full pelt, maximum attack mode at any cats however big stupid enough to go in her garden, never saw one do anything except turn tail and run.

When we adopted the other two idiots we have now she made it pretty clear she wanted nothing to do with them but Chomp just never gave up trying to be her friend and eventually somehow got under her skin and she’d let him curl up next to her and even give her ears a lick.

Anyway RIP Fid, we’re all gonna miss you.

15 Likes

19! Well done that cat. Rip your fur friend. Sounds like a good buddy

Sorry dude, losing a pet sucks, can’t imagine what losing one thats been around nearly 20 years would be like, I was devastated when we had ours put down at 2.

Sorry to hear this man.
Have a glass of nice whisky in honour of her.
RIP Fid.

Baby has a cold/teething so Ive been up since 3AM. Not stoked at all

How am I in a relationship where I’m not the moody one?!
This is clearly karma for all my miserable years.

This might have been mentioned already. Sad news that he passed. RIP. Comedian Norm Macdonald dies at 61 from cancer - BBC News One of the best

Stepped barefoot in cat sick this morning.

3 Likes

Commiserations. I can still smell the warm diarrhoea our dog used to leave on the landing when he went incontinent in his old age.

3 Likes

Better that stepping on a dead bird your cat brought back as a present during the night. Last time it made this horrible noise and that was the first thing that happened to me that day, straight out of bed. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Not sure why I read that while having breakfast. Damn.

6 months later - DM sent!

Signed up for this pub pool team when drunk and they’re going to be mad if I quit. It’s the same night my friends go skating and I think that’s healthier. Feel like it’s an ego thing, because I’m a decent player and I get a boost but not sure that drinking environment is a great idea. Not sure why I’m venting lol, but it’s something that’s been on my mind for ages.

3 Likes

Go once and play so badly they ask you not to come back. Then you are free to skate. And next time you see them in the pub, you can hustle them with your secret skills.

3 Likes

What Mick said. Free time is precious, use it wisely.

3 Likes

hahaha I like it!

Surely all pubs know that something like only 15% of drunkard people that sign up to any pub team actually commit to it?

1 Like