Not Stoked.

Got woken up by someone banging on my front door at 12:45. Open up to find out if there’s a fire or some shit, and it’s one of the local crack heads from round the corner asking me for money. Some bellend left the main doors to my block open, so she got in and started banging on all the doors trying to beg money off people. She changed her story 3 times in the space of the 20 seconds that she was trying to come up with an excuse as to what she needed 6 pounds for. I feel sorry for her, what a life she must lead if she’s mehtal enough to think it’s a good idea to wake people up in the middle of the night to ask them for money. Desperados.

It’s shite how modern TVs are so fragile, my Dennis CRT 15" survived many a snes / PS1 controller flung at at mach 10

2 Likes

I caught my youngest lad bashing the TV with his cup which killed loads of pixels. You can run a test thing on youtube which is meant to waken up the pixels again, takes a long time but it kinda worked. Many fixed themselves. But then I caught him again and there was a mass of broken pixels all over the bottom of the screen. We managed with it for maybe 2 years but it was pretty bad.

They do last pretty well if you don’t hit them or throw things at them, though. We’ve still got the first samsung LCD telly we bought in another room, it must be about 14 years old.

2 Likes

Internet transfers over to missus’ new house on the 30th so I ended up going for a mobile sim and a sim router, mate at work did the same and got way better signal than hardwired. Just tried to set it all up and only getting 2mb haha. What the fuck? Also, can’t get on various sites like discord to speak to mates because of the networks crazy filters, to unlock “adult” content you have to put credit card details in but I don’t have a credit card. I’m gonna have to contact them and get them if they can unlock Bangkok Chic Boys for me.

3 Likes

Not totally related by work mate was rinsing my Netflix for the last year. He gave me a case of cider for the privelage though. He bought his own Netflix using a VPN claiming he was in Turkey to get it cheaper and then got booted off and refunded when he started watching it without the VPN. Made me laugh

That sucks Max. Sounds like norovirus.

I’m so bored I’m tempted to just work though the rest of the holidays.

I was asked to go out for a skate tonight but still can’t as my back and leg are still fucked. Not skated since August!

I feel for you especially when it’s children being sick.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Max.
This time last year our 4 year old had, in the space of 4 weeks: Scarlet Fever, sepsis (including hospitalisation) then Chicken Pox. One after the other. Worst four weeks ever.

At least your sister in law will get the rest she needs.

5 Likes

It’s not even 8am and already my cat has been sick (twice) after having her flea tablet, my son has done a wee on the floor and our TV has decided to die.

1 Like

Nightmare. Sounds like you lots day can only get better.

You can get flea stuff that you squirt on the back of the cars neck which is a million times easier to do than a tablet.

Got no advice for the kid.

3 Likes

Everybody all ‘Woo! Finally the end of 2020!’ as if things aren’t about to get much, much worse.

5 Likes

You crazy, in 2021 we’ll all be vaccinated by spring, so we can enjoy a nice long summer on our fishing boats becoming millionaires!

7 Likes

I’m looking forward to not selling Eels.

1 Like

Tell me about it, Ive had a week off work and only just got the smell of eels out of my beard

8 Likes

I’m so glad you are back on here.

1 Like