Not Stoked.

Well, that’s the first thing I did but the company this guy owed money to has its accountancy managed by another company and said other company deals with another company when it comes to wankers that don’t pay ans taking them to court or something. I had to call them all multiple times as they were all I fully understand Sir but there’s nothing I can do about it, you should call the blablabla department over at, blablabla

I have idea about that but I wanted to make a website with my drawings, posters I made etc and the bastard has bought the domain name I wanted.
I doubt he did anything bad on purpose, it’s more companies being lazy and mistaking people for other people.

I’m so over HSBC I can almost be bothered to change banks. Anyone use Starling? Any good?

1 Like

NatWest.

1 Like

Yeh. I took a holiday before the covid outbreak and got a card with Starling. No charges with withdrawals when abroad. Would recommend

1 Like

im with monzo* and nationwide, no problems with either.
i generally transfer my wealth of £18 back and forth between the two.
sometimes £9 in each.

*i read that the people that created monzo nicked all their ideas from starling.

2 Likes

Wife’s 94 year-old gran, who has dementia, fell down the stairs last night and had to wait five hours for an ambulance. Stoked she’s got a hospital bed, not that anybody can visit, but not expecting a positive outcome here.

2 Likes

Jeez.
Positive thoughts build x

1 Like

Thanks. Gotta be realistic too though.

This sucks. Same thing happened to my grandma on Christmas day and she’s still there…and has caught COVID in the hospital.

I have my gran at home with me going mental about Covid all fucking day.

From my experience, I would avoid the ones you get in supermarkets, when my cats were suffering with fleas it didn’t seem to do anything. Went to the vets, and they recommended Stronghold which did the trick.

1 Like

Yeah I’m with Starling. Best bank I’ve ever been with. Best banking app I’ve ever used.

1 Like

As someone who has n26, first direct, HSBC, Monzo, monese, starling, NatWest, revolut, swedbank, LHV, Amex, TransferWise, InBank and SEB bank accounts I feel qualified to reply and would have them in this order:

Starling
Monese
First direct

Monese account was easiest and quickest to get
Starling I had no problems with either
First direct great for customer service

Some of the newer challenger banks have some weird transparency where they show authorisations on your account (like prepayments, where money is held but not debited), and it isn’t taken off your account until x days after. Which can be very very confusing and I hate it. Iirc starling and monese didn’t do this.

TransferWise account is a must if you ever want to send money overseas or use a debit card in another country and not get turned over with charges.

1 Like

I’ve got conjunctivitis and my boiler is leaking water so I have to have a plague carrier come into my house sometime during my sons bedtime routine tonight to hopefully fix it.

I blame Brexit.

2 Likes

Also my wife got the email from her work with the number to book in her vaccine. Hooray.

She’s tried calling it 130 times today with no luck. Boo.

Fucking Brexit.

5 Likes

Water pipes had frozen this morning, resulting in mains water gushing all over the kitchen floor. I hate water when I’m not in control so I’m under the sink with it spraying in my face. Managed to get it sorted plumber came out and can’t sort it til Monday. So no water til then. Thought the house was going to flood and fuck everything.

Thanks mate, good to know. Ours has her annual jabs on Monday, so I’ll check with the vets.

Fuck , not good. That’s one of my fears is a pipe bursting especially when I’m not around.

My family in north Scotland always leave their cold taps (especially outdoor /garden pipes) dripping in freezing weather to stop water from sitting, freezing and bursting the pipes .

How come the plumber can’t fix it?

Not sure, parts availability I’m guessing? He doesn’t give me much confidence as he was ringing another plumber and facetiming him. He’s just the plumber the letting agency use. Just glad the waters stopped and it hasn’t done any damage that we can see. Couldn’t imagine living in a house that floods.