Not Stoked.

My parents’ house was broken into twice in the space of a year, pretty much to the day. The first break-in was part of a spree where they hit a few houses in the area. Took loads of jewellery, heirlooms and whatnot after they got in by throwing a garden rock through the patio window/door. Police were there quickly but didn’t get them.

Second time was almost the same, but a bit more organised. Police reckon they had a kid to push in through the smashed window to let the others in while the others ripped the alarm boxes off the external walls. This time they ransacked the place, even scoping out the attic in the search for a home safe which doesn’t exist. However my parents have a small family business (jeweller) and use a room as a home office, which was jammed full of suppliers’ invoices, packaging, etc. so the worry is that the thieves took some paperwork to identify a target later in the year. The neighbours heard it all, saw it all and did fuck all. Didn’t even call the police. Alarm company got them along, but again, even though they have an idea, there’s no evidence to tie anybody to it. They’ve now got loads of security cams in and around the house. Thankfully they weren’t in when either break-in occurred or they’d have either got a kicking or heart attacks or both.

what the fuck

2 Likes

Yep. Curtain twitchers, the lot of them. All the same age/demographic who’ve lived there since the mid 70s like my parents. Twats.

1 Like

I was working late the other night, about half one I heard a load of noise outside, looked out and saw two blokes in hi-viz jackets get out of a shitty looking van and go round the side of the house across the road wearing head torches. I was going to go down and see what they were up to but they fucked off. So I mentioned it to the couple the next day. Milkmen. Who the fuck has milk delivered in 2021?

5 Likes

Me haha. Even comes in glass bottles, I chose glass over plastic.

2 Likes

Good point I suppose, maybe I should look into it.

I was “walking” home years ago really really pissed and saw two scrotes trying to break into a car in a pub carpark at about 2 in the morning, I shouted at em and they legged it but I realised I could have got an absolute hiding if theyd noticed I could barely stand up

1 Like

least you wouldn’t have felt it until the next day

4 Likes

Whoever built the drain on my drive made sure that the angle of the dog leg in the waste pipe is such that every 2-3 weeks a minging shitberg the size of a small suitcase forms, backing up the drains so that the smell of warm shit wafts back up out plug holes and round the house. I get to bring out the jet washer and do a Ghostbuster on it to break it up and blast it onwards. And get the spray off it blowing back onto my clothes and face.

7 Likes

Fuck man. What a mare! Glad it didn’t escalate any further And you’re all ok. Defo time to tool up and alarm the house.
Fucking scum bags man. I hope the next house they try to rob ends up
With them in hospital.

1 Like

Cheers Choppahhh

One of our neighbours managed to catch them on their CCTV and another caught them on their Ring doorbell camera. Was just a couple of yoots trying various places and cars, completely opportunisstic crime. we were just the unlucky ones. Just counting myself lucky that I woke up and they didn’t get anything of value except keys and a couple of cards which have now been cancelled!

We live in a really nice, super safe area, it’s just something that can happen anywhere. All our neighbours have been really supportive so at least the mrs isn’t gonna be scared to be home alone, or to go to sleep etc. Which is what I was worried about. So my biggest stress factor now is how I’m gonna catch up on all the work I’m missing this morning sorting this shit out!

Locksmith coming over, gonna bag me one of those smart doorbells too, they look pretty good.

6 Likes

Make sure you get a decent lock (Google lock snapping). One of the easiest ways to break into a house.

Kids in bed, still a bit of light to go skate…and it’s raining. Drinking now, crossing fingers for tomorrow.

2 Likes

Rare Friday and Saturday off, woke up feeling proper rough. Afternoon down the boozer out the window. Gonna relax today aiming to be fighting fit tomorrow!

Got turned down for a promotion to the position currently held by my boss for when he retires later this summer. Got told I interviewed brilliantly and my psychometric test results were good, I just “didn’t meet the criteria enough.” Would’ve meant being off every weekend and a company car, plus way more interesting stuff to do. Also likely means my reasonably awesome boss is going to be replaced by a total dickhead.

3 Likes

One of my mates recently got stung with this too at somewhere I used to work. He’s been killing it, basically working above his paygrade for ages in preparation for this job. Interviewed really well, good feeling about it, then told they’re taking someone external for it.

I’ll never understand it. Makes sense to develop talent, and to have people with more internal experience higher up. Much cheaper to backfill the more junior role too. Weird.

1 Like

There’s nothing like passing someone over for internal promotion and bringing someone else in to completely destroy motivation. I’ve worked to contract over this before and then quit and doing fuck all for weeks. @Jurwell you’re too good for them. Bet the person they bring in won’t even skate

6 Likes

Sounds like they know you’re an asset and can’t replace you in a hurry. A classic case of knowing the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

For small claims court you don’t usually need a lawyer, I think. I’d keep on it

1 Like

I have an internal promotion interview on Tuesday and there’s absolutely no reason to hire someone else. It will be typical that they hire someone else as happened to you Jurwell.

1 Like