Not Stoked.

Mystery health concerns continue. I’m hammering the gaviscon tablets which seems to be working keeping the sickness at bay but I keep randomly getting high temperatures every now and then and my new thing is night sweats.

Like a lot. Like an anti-Prince Andrew. Just keep waking up absolutely soaked through in cold sweat which is lush. Feel a tiny bit out of breath all the time too.

Rona PCR was negative.

I haven’t been to a GP since I was in school I think. Not feeling well fucking sucks.

1 Like

Just go and sign up to a local gp. If they are anything like my doctors, it may take 100 calls and staying on hold for 45 minutes, but it will worth it.

2 Likes

You not have a walk in clinic?
Usually part of the hospital.

Les, get down to a walk-in clinic. If you go early morning you’ll get seen/sorted quicker.

Without worrying you, I had exactly the same symptoms, also put off going for weeks and ended up getting half a heart transplant.

Don’t just leave it! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Just spent £60 on fucking lightbulbs. Fuming

Is it some of those big fancy ones where the filament spells live laugh love?

2 Likes

Watt?!

10 Likes

No wonder you’re screw in

6 Likes

How do you fuck a lightbulb?

4 Likes

Christ! Good to know…? :anguished:

Will try and get it sorted ASAP. Got some astronomical bollocks to do in work tomorrow morning but I’ll try and speak to a GP as soon as a I can. It’s so weird. Just comes and goes on waves.

Feel OK right now but even something like brushing my teeth for more than 5 seconds makes me want to puke.

1 Like

On a similar tip - £110 on the central LED brake light assembly for my CR-V.

20 years ago it’d be £3 for a bulb. Progress.

Came home to flooded kitchen and playroom a few weeks back. Insurance so half kitchen is due to be ripped out in a week or two. Kids playroom carpet and plaster being ripped out as it’s grown it’s own full ecosystem of mouldy stuff. Once that’s done, dryers in until the block walls are dry.

Payout won’t cover the cost of a new kitchen so we’re going to have to live with it for a while. Nightmare.

Not sure how things are run around your way but here you can get a phone appointment, then if they need to see you, you go in. Hope you get sorted soon.

3 Likes

Please don’t fuck about with this. It’s hopefully something a lot less sinister, but your description reminds me a lot of how my friend was feeling on our way home after a camping trip and it turned out to be a fairly serious heart related thing in his case that ended in a triple bypass.

5 Likes

Christ. OK. :+1:

3 Likes

By turning it on .

3 Likes

Haha nice :joy:

Just going back to the tube related stuff from a day or two ago. Was in London for the day and wore my mask about the tube the whole time and got no grief whatsoever, but was texting one of my best friends who’s been in London with her girlfriend for a long weekend, and they had someone properly screaming at them that they were “stupid c-words”. Just a huge bloke, full on spit-flecked-raging in their face. I know it’s a bit sexist on my part but I just can’t imagine seeing some prick screaming at two women in obviously aggressive fashion and doing nothing about it.

I don’t generally condone violence but it needs to start being acceptable to slap people upside the head for being a dingleberry again.

4 Likes

Wearing my mask in Sainsburys local the the other evening and some guy looked me up and down, his face seemed to get angrier, just as it looked like he was about to say something, his mate tapped him on the shoulder oblivious to it all because he was keeping an eye out for a free till to buy their four cans of Sainsburys cider. So his friend tapping him on the shoulder seemed to snap him out of angry thought process, cheap cider was more important and off they skipped into the night but I am expecting someone to say something at some point soon, which is crazy.

5 Likes

Was in the Nike outlet and it was moderately busy, I’d say 20ish people in there and I was the only person in a mask. Felt weird.

2 Likes