Not Stoked.

talking shit with people you don’t hang around with outside of work is a just a social lubricant really. It may be kinda pointless, but it means you tend to get on with the person and makes work go a little more smoothly when one of you fucks up. Nothing wrong with a bit of mindless talk about the weather or some netflix series.

Yeah man, fuck anyone else liking and doing something different to what I like.

Reminds me, I drove past a bunch of hi vis dudes stood outside Greggs with “Banta Bois” marker penned on thier backs.

Sounded like an Instagram page for Sky Hook jokes

I’ve got this in my fucking head now:

Awaiting late delivery of my Tesla, was given a shitty Q3 for the week… might just munch it into the Hammersmith bridge and borrow my old mans Bentley, that would mean going home to Kew and seeing the old cunt though… fuck worthers

Most of my colleagues are Latinos and they talk in Spanish all day and I don’t get any of it. Well I kinda do, but it’s gotten to the point where I just don’t want to hear any of it any more as it makes me feel isolated in the middle of a crowd, which shouldn’t happen at work. Our boss told them to make an effort many times but nothing changes.
I lived abroad, on my own, where I didn’t know anyone and couldn’t speak my mother tongue and that was cool, but it was an experience I chose, not something I’m forced to deal with. I’m over it.

Trying to find a new job but two colleagues have been ill/hurt for weeks and I’m doing mad overtime at the moment, by the time I get home in the evening all I want to do is eat cheese and pass out on my sofa.

Things are gonna change this year though. YES.

1 Like

You should learn how to say “You’re all a bunch of non-inclusive motherfuckers and you’re ruining my professional life” in Spanish, then surprise them one day.

2 Likes

Todos ustedes son un montón de hijos de puta no inclusivos y están arruinando mi vida profesional.

1 Like

Definalty learn Spanish on the sly. Then just join in a conversation out of the blue.

At my workplace the studio has two floors. I’m on the top floor with the rest of the film/animation/development guys, it’s got the same banter volume as a lads night out.

I spend large portions of my working day alone without seeing anybody. At first I thought it was bliss, but after being there 4 months now it’s become a bit… lonely. There’s only so much candy crush one guy can take.

I always wanted to learn Spanish and now it’s gotten to the point where when I decide on where I want to go on holiday, I actually ask myself if I’m gonna hear many Spanish-speaking people there. It’s depressing.

Went indoor motocross racing on Saturday, followed by the boozer, and I can barely move today. Worse than yesterday. Turns out riding those things is really fucking hard work.

This is going to seem a bit mental but this is what I am having to deal with right now.
In February, myself and my family used the school holiday time to take a break and at the same time, take our kids to meet their great grandmother up in the midlands.
We hired a lodge in Sherwood Forest, just 5 minutes from my Dad’s house.
It cannot have been more than an hour of settling into our lodge when my other half got a call from her brother in Sweden asking if we had heard from my mother in law.
We had not but apparently she had flown to London but not told anybody.
This is odd because I live 20 minutes from Heathrow and 45 minutes from Gatwick and if she was heading here, we would expect her to tell us.
We did not hear from her for nearly a month, take into account that she has a salon in Sweden with staff and customers, none of which knew where she had gone.
Her whereabouts was not known for about a month and once the Swedish authorities were allowed to track her down, they found that she was locked up in Japan having been caught trafficking drugs.
It seems that she has fallen for the internet romance trap which then gains the trust of such naive people to carry a package for a “friend”.
This all so fucked up.
We have our kids and family, my Mrs has warned her mother of scams etc on the internet but she has clearly not understood the message.
Basically, the grandmother of my children is locked up in Japan on trafficking charges having ignored the warnings of siblings and friends about dodgy fuckers on the internet and social media.
Wow!

Gnarly. Japan too, they are zero tolerence on drugs.

We’ve not heard from her since 14th of Feb.
She didn’t attempt to contact any of us or any family.
By the time we found out, a month had passed.
It’s definitely one of those things you hear about and don’t expect to even come anywhere near to being involved in or experiencing.

How old is she?

About 65

That’s fucking mad

Holy fuck Mush that’s gnarly I hope you manage to get through this and that she does too.