Not Stoked.

Same as everyone else said really. We went private for fertility consultations and it was the same doctor that we would have been referred to on the NHS. Just quicker.

1 Like

went to the fair yesterday and all the prizes were E.T. stuff, plushes, keyrings etc.
thought it was weird until on the branding it said 40 year anniversary.
FORTY. YEARS.

4 Likes

Pretty sure I just gave away my identity details on facebook marketplace, just name and address, (and some stupid profile pics) but the ‘buyer’ just ghosted as soon as I sent my address. Dammit I wasn’t thinking. Birthday isn’t public which is something. Sod all I can do about it now.

Rant incoming.

Wife has had some month long hackathon for her web3 project and it finished at the weekend. She’s knackered as it was many many late nights and the kids still screamed for her in middle of night etc. Her business partner was supposed to go scotland weds till sunday with her husband but he lost his passport, so she asked wife and spoke to me and I said yes as she was so knackered and needed a break. Now turns out the kids are both very sick with real bad coughs. I have to go docs with the 18 month old (and the 4 year old is with me at work as she’s sick too).
My usual skate night is tonight, as well as a skate event at my local park I’d love to go to, but they’re both off the cards now. Just a bit over it atm. I know I said she could go but had no idea kids would get so sick, so quick. Just being grumpy and want to let off steam as I know this is part of the wonderful tapestry of life when you got kids.

8 Likes

My wife has just tested positive for covid. We both had it at the start if the year. Only a matter of time for me.

2 Likes

It’s only the end of September, my flat is fucking freezing I really don’t want to turn the heating on at all because I know how spenny it’s going to be.

The energy hike isn’t till October, right? Today might be one of the last days to get it turned up and blast it, haha.

2 Likes

My direct debit is going down? Haha

Has been at 175 for past 6 months so in credit by loads as use nowhere near that

1 Like

Haha I think the discount will take my electric to £38 a month I think.

But I literally don’t turn shit on.

Maybe I’m allowed a little bit of heating.

1 Like

I’ve lit a fire. I feel pretty lucky to be able to burn stuff inside the house.

1 Like

Getting my chimney swept and lined on Thursday, never even touched it but matey who I got the gaff off had installed it all so may as well get some use out of it if I can save a few quid on heating

Definitely need to get a birdguard on as had a couple down there ended up in the log burner last year, don’t want em to get toasted

1 Like

When I posted that I had forgotten about the discount tbf, actually gunna put the dd back up so there’s a nice bit there for next year

Funny with octopus as you can pay onto the account with a credit card but then withdraw the extra onto the normal account you pay from, bit dangerous tbh

This is highly relevant to my current question, those with log burners - what are you burning? (don’t say logs). I’ve got a crazy mate who drives around with a chainsaw in the boot and just collects wood frequently but he also has a lot of run ins with land owners. Actual kiln dried wood and smokeless logs are quite expensive

Mix of smokeless coal and wood. Coal burns hotter and longer, but i can scrump wood from work. Ive built a log store at home, about 1.5m by 0.75m which i can dry the wood out over the year.

1 Like

9 Likes

I’m like 90% wood 10% coal. Did a load of chainsawing of felled trees at the side of the road last year and sorted a couple that came down in a storm which should all see me through this winter hopefully. Kindling I get mountains of from work and coal gets chucked on before bed on the colder nights to keep it ticking over.

Tried those coffee logs a couple of times, really hot but they go too quickly.

I want to make a sawdust briquette machine at some point to take care of my workshop waste but can’t be bothered with having loads of soggy sawdust lying around drying.

3 Likes

Cheers guys. Sounds like I need to find wood then, this is the perfect excuse to buy a battery chainsaw

1 Like

I deserved that thank you

Its been five minutes and im still watching that gif :sweat_smile:

Bought a paddleboard for my wife’s birthday.

Went on the website to check the spec and discovered they had a ex showroom / tradeshow boards on sale £200 cheaper than what I paid.

Oh well.