Not Stoked.

Put on 12lbs over the course of a week long all inclusive.

10 Likes

That’s getting some real value for money! Respect.

1 Like

I feel vile. If I did 10 days I’d be dead. I stopped drinking by the end too. Just absolutely saturated.

2 Likes

we got stuck at an all inclusive paradise because my eldest developed chicken pox. travel insurance covered the extra days but oh my god there really is such a thing as “too much of a good thing…”. got so sick of it all by the end

1 Like

One of my database servers has been struggling for a few weeks now, but I’d/we’ve been so busy elsewhere I’d not looked into it with an L3 hat on as it just looked ok, the app errors were shouting network and I’d caused an issue last week by being crap.

Found this afternoon that it had finally hit the point where it needed upgrading (memory), but I could have caught it a few weeks back. We’re millions behind in unpaid invoices. Sorted now but embarrassing and I’m now really paranoid that it’ll die on Monday again.

Might as well go for the full stone and go mad on the crisps tonight.

1 Like

Aw I miss traditional sys admin stuff

That’s the problem, we don’t have proper sys admins, I’m a DBA stretched really fucking thin :grimacing:

1 Like

Only had it at the start of August but got covid again :joy:

4 Likes

Seems to be going around a bit again - Hopefully its a walk in the park for you.

Yup my father in law and mother in law have it (just got back from holiday with them) and now my wife has it and I’m feeling a bit fuzzy now…

All the best @tbk11 :+1:

2 Likes

Cheers mate!

Two weddings in a row so almost unavoidable really, loads of people at both got it

Get well soon covboys.

I’ve just learned that turmeric leaves very expensive stains on stone countertops.

5 Likes

My girlfriend got Covid last week, I spent the weekend nursing her then finally got ill too, tested negative twice, it was just a cold. Shit makes no sense.

1 Like

^^^ this. everyone here either has covid or covid-like symptoms but is testing negative. i know the tests are wildly inaccurate but you’d think with multiple tests at least one would show positive

I’m on week 3 of being called back into an office on a more regular basis (3 in, 2 optional) so I’m expecting to pick it up at any time.

Just got my September energy bill. Three times as much as my August bill and that’s with the £66 off and I haven’t even put the heating on yet.

Balls. Just realised ive brought a phone with no headphone jack.

Majority of them are like that these days. If it’s an issue get a micro USB or usb-c to 3.5mm converter

Google USB C to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter - White https://amzn.eu/d/hNqluQL

Like that

1 Like