Not Stoked.

Damn! What’s wrong? How can they sort you out?

It’s horrible isn’t it? It gets dark later here but still, fuck this shit.

1 Like

Long gnarly story, that I’ll regale the forum with another time. Fingers crossed for going home tomorrow. They just need another night of observations (hopefully).

7 Likes

Crossing fingers for you @voodoo

1 Like

It’s rubbish.

Time to deploy some sort of winter hobby/ art/ craft/ etc.

Bloody hell Voodoo. Hope you’re all alright.

Yep, rubbish all right. Not managed a skate for at least 6 or 7 weeks now.

Crossing my fingers for you mate! :heart:

Pickled onions and carrots these past evenings.
Gonna make a ham and cheese toastie with a fried egg on top in a minute. Pickled onions should make it special.

Ah damn. I skated my grind box for 2 hours today, I should stop moaning and consider myself lucky.

6 Likes

All the best @voodoo

2 Likes

Best of luck @voodoo

1 Like

Slam City charging £2 to grip your board! Is this a thing now?
Was only going to get one from there as my daughter had a parti ular deck on mind.

Its optional surely? Id do it myself

3 Likes

Yeah, ill be doing it myself. Its more the £2 charge. Ive never known any shop to charge extra money to grip the board.

2 Likes

The only time I’ve known shops to charge is if some kid has bought the board and grip from somewhere else and still asks their local shop to set it up!

8 Likes

We used to do that in the old shop , mainly because the chain boardsports shop called Boarders in the high st didn’t have staff that could grip or set up boards properly.
We also charged for re-gripping a board . We know how much of a ball ache that can be .

4 Likes

I didn’t mind a regrip on a slow day.

Was just browsing rollersnakes the other day to see if they had any cheapo sale decks and they charge 3 quid to grip :rofl:

1 Like

I always loved gripping boards. Especially when some little kid wanted a pattern or a sticker.
Just a standard grip job took no more than 3 minutes. Charging for it is a piss take.

1 Like

We used to race each other when doing all the mail order decks , gripped in less than a minute .
There were some horrific results haha !

3 Likes

Ever cut a chunk out the side? I did it a couple of times.

I saw one deck got sent back once, I knew Skipper the eye Child had gripped it, it was a white dipped Blueprint Spray Heart, but it looked stripy all round the side where there were huge chunks cut out of the side of the deck everywhere.

4 Likes

Not on mine , but Defo some stevie wonder wonky sides from some .
My technique
After applying the grip is a quick file outline as a guide and a 45 degree slant on the stanly knife to cut round . Fresh blade of course .
I was halfway through a model making degree at the time so had an advantage.

3 Likes