Not Stoked.

Sold my El Camino over ebay eventually.
Listed as a UK item too.
Some Italian guy contacted me and asked if he could send someone to see it on his behalf.
I agreed and some other Italian guy turned up with a truck, looked over the car but didn’t buy it.
I got a thanks email from the main guy and 100 quid for sticking to the arrangement and meeting his buyer.
I think the person I met was in the UK purchasing cars on behalf of the collector and then shipping them all back to Italy.

4 Likes

It’s hard not to think that we’re all just sitting at home waiting for our turn to get it.

Not unless you stick to minimal exposure. There is every chance millions will still never get it. It depends on how many infected peeps just go out willy nilly and get in your face.
I have barely seen anyone outside of the household for 2 weeks.

In fairness I think that’s part of it. Loads of us will probably get it at some stage (if we haven’t already) but I think the aim is to slow transmission so that everyone doesn’t need hospital treatment at the same time. If it slowly ramps up more people recover and we eventually reach herd immunity. I reckon they’ll gradually phase the lockdown out rather than opening everything again straight away.

1 Like

Yeah, there really is no other viable plan right now. The vaccine that is 12-18 months away could concevably carry on being 12-18 months away for ten years.

Yeah it really was a naive approach. If they weren’t so complacent at the start we might have been over the hump by now.
Coulda shoulda woulda is harsh to think about when life is involved.

Really hoping for June…

But I’m thinking that we’re looking at next year, realistically speaking.

Isn’t the peak still projected for the next couple of weeks/May?

Well it was another 900 dead in the last day so I really don’t think there should be even any talk about easing things off until the NHS clearly says things are more manageable.

1 Like

There’s still a lot of people thinking it will be soon and I don’t know how can anyone really think that.

1 Like

where are people getting next year from? Isn’t china semi- back to normal?

Just the one area isn’t it? Not sure what we hear from that part of the world can be trusted either…

1 Like

I have been having more of an hour more or less for a skate…

Call me a ‘covidiot’ or whatever it is…but I’m in a car park, on my todd busting (or trying) some switch flips out.

Then I’m off for a cup of tea.

Some people are not really following the rules and are gathering in the parks, with no real effort to avoid others.

Yeah we’re told it’s the forthcoming two or so months, but that’s not to say that if everything is eased off in terms of a lockdown, we won’t have another rise in cases etc.

Said this somewhere else on here but I have several family members in the army some of which are fairly high ranking and they have all been briefed several weeks ago to prepare for an absolute minimum of 3 months lockdown. My son (queens guard) is currently on extended leave because when he goes back to London on the 20th the army doesn’t know when he will be released again. See what happens eh.

There’s no actual guidance that says an hour max, it’s just something Gove made up on the spot. He actually said an hour walk, half an hour run and somewhere between for a cycle (which makes no fucking sense) or whatever you’d do normally. The key thing is not travelling, and staying away from people.

I’m doing an hour to an hour and a half walk most days, or half an hour to an hour run (I’m slower if I have a pram!) or BMX sprint, or a very occasional couple of hour or so ‘proper’ ride. It’s people riding in groups or plodding round the same park as every other fucker that are the problem, not a 2 hour ride in the countryside where I saw about three people and a dog.

2 Likes

Ummed and aahed about buying some new runners in the Nike sale, then waited for the Mrs to decide which ones she wanted so we could order together. Of course by now ALL of the cheap Pegasuses, never mind the older model that I prefer are sold out. Sigh. First World problems and all that, but still.

Pegasus 34’s? Check Ebay… Also check Prodirectrunning.com they have a sale on most items on the site… theres a good wedge of cash off nike on there.

I’ve developed a love for the 35s… They’re quite rare now, and I’m paranoid the 36s won’t be as comfy. Cheers for the link though, I’ll have a butchers.

I have a pair of 36’s and have no complaints. Comfy, light and responsive… Not had any 35’s so wouldn’t know how they compare.

1 Like

That reads like one of those ‘Your First Week in Prison: A Guide’ things but it’s fair enough.

Tbh I quite like feeling obliged to do an hour’s exercise every day.

I’ll give 'em a try. There’s a few miles left in the current ones so I’m not in a massive rush, I just love me a bargain.

1 Like