Not Stoked.

Mate. Bloody hell. Everything all at once…

Really feeling for you bro. Stay up.

By the sounds of it you’ve had a ridiculous amount of stuff to deal with all at the same time. Take your time and self-isolate. Get well soon

FFS Max. Pretty sure that’s about as bad as things will get. Fingers crossed for you and the family mate, keep the spirits up.

A couple of days late but still:

So, my GP reckons it’s “likely I’ve had a mild case” but because I can’t be tested I’m having to assume I haven’t (been pretty ill, if it was summat else I reckon getting Covid 19 would fuck me right now!). Started with chills, a weird pressure in my head/ears and my lungs feeling kinda tight (no cough) one evening. Woke up next day feeling fine. That evening had chills really bad (hot bath couldn’t do owt), aching ribs/arms/legs, proper shakes and heart palpitations but still no cough. Woke up third day fine. That evening really hot, same shakes/aches, heart palpitations & head pressure thing returned. Day four rang GP, got sent Doxycycline (in case what I had was bacterial, also “pre empt any potential sepsis”) and Prednisolone (I’m asthmatic and often suffer with Acute Bronchitis), told to rest and eat as healthily as possible (which I was already doing - had veg stirfry every night for as long as I can remember!). Felt the same for next few days, sometimes ok in the morning, getting worse at night (six days I didn’t leave my bed other than to cook/visit bathroom. Slept 11h + every night). On day ten I rang my GP as I’d had really bad shakes/heart palpitations the night before, it was at this point I was told I’d almost certainly had it but, as my breathing was still fine, it was likely anxiety causing the worst of my symptoms now (by that point they expect you to be ok or fucked with pneumonia).

Felt better for a couple for days, last few days my breathing isn’t great but no other symptoms so likely just developed bronchitis like I always do. Been able to walk around (even a gentle roll), feel semi normal (mainly because I’m no longer suffering from anxiety that I’m about to die!).

Just rest, sleep and eat/drink as much as poss. I’m asthmatic but I don’t drink or smoke so that helps. Doctors basically said there’s not much can be done, just gotta hope your body can fight it off so give yourself the best chance.

2 Likes

You got this @anon86856945 one day at a time, you can overcome

Don’t give in to negativity Max, you’re needed more than ever, You can do this, you’ll come out the other side.

3 Likes

I had real bad back for a long time after years of skating and grafting.
Its defo not 100% now but you can really make it way better with strengthening/stretching, i spent a lot of money at the physio but a foam roller is some of the best mo ey ive ever spent. Crack my back on it every day and has been a life saver!
Keep yo motherfuckin head up and dont let these honkeys discourage you, you feel me dawg?

2 Likes

I did mine a couple of months ago to the point where walking beyond a couple of meters was pretty impossible for most of a week. I got one of these guys from decathalon and it made a really big difference. https://www.decathlon.co.uk/mid-500-lumbar-brace-id_8358392.html

You’ll be no use to anyone if you burnout Max, it’s okay to stop and take some time for for yourself, it’ll be better for everyone is the long run. Even though you went it all sorted ASAP.

Wait, what? You’ve had coronavirus then?

Doctor seems to think it’s likely (was in London the week before, travelling all around on the tube carelessly not giving a fuck, not washing hands, going to all the tourist hotspots etc) but as my symptoms were mild I can’t be certain. Need to wait for this fabled antibody test to materialise, until then just gotta behave as though I haven’t had it. Could easily have just been a regular virus without standard cold sinus symptoms.

1 Like

Same back at you mate, as Daniel Beddingfield said “we gotta get through this.”

2 Likes

I sold an item on ebay but ended up cancelling the order as managed to slightly damage the item when packaging it. Anyway, I refunded the buyer and the money clearly came out of my account. However, I’ve been sent an email saying a case was opened and I now owe ebay again. So, I’ve already paid the refund but ebay want more money. I don’t understand as I spoke to ebay on the phone about this and they said not to worry and that the buyer had received the refund. Now I’m in the position that I can’t contact ebay as they’re not accepting phone calls and when I try to appeal the case online then it says to get a call back but that option isn’t possible due to the COVID 19 situation. This is a significant amount of money and has made me so stressed. 18 days off booze and cigarettes but this has caught me by surprise.

Gotta run it by the rules. It will work out. The money can’t just disappear, there will be a trail, just got to wait it out…

2 Likes

Have you tried the live chat??
My missus sells on ebay for a living and usually deals with them.

1 Like

I don’t think live chat is running at the moment but I’ve managed to send them an email.

Thanks, hopefully it’ll be ok, just got to wait to hear back from an email I’ve sent to Ebay.

I bought and paid for a jacket about a month ago, and almost immediately after it went through eBay cancelled its and deleted the seller. Now I can’t get in touch with either of them to try to get the money back. Classic.

PayPal are usually helpful but they’ve just said to speak to eBay, who are all off work.

You get to know what kind of products and sellers to look out for. Checking through feedback and any purchase/selling history usually helps. If it’s under 50, don’t bother. Been using it for years, rarely have a problem. Unless you are selling mobile phones or laptops, in which case it can be a nightmare.

1 Like

eBay replied to me but said that the buyer had opened a case and that I still owed eBay money as they refunded the buyer. I’ve sent them a screenshot from my bank app showing the exact amount for the refund leaving my account. It was a “PayPal first payment”. Maybe there was some sort of problem between PayPal and eBay. All I know is they’re asking for money that has already come out of my account and it’s around £530 so it’s worrying. I’ll see how they reply to the screenshot. I won’t be paying any extra, hopefully this can be resolved. I’m going to try to contact PayPal, maybe that will help. Thanks everyone.

I’ve never had any real trouble luckily. Buying or selling - selling cars can be a PITA.

One I listed was ‘won’ by someone local, who never bothered getting in touch after the auction ended.

The other, a ‘tired’ Diesel Golf with short MOT I’d specified as a UK only item, was bid for by someone in Poland. I assumed it was a scam and told him to ‘read the description properly to avoid dissappointment’, but he insisted he was legit so I let him bid. When he won he turned up a few days later with a car transporter & cash and took it away. ¯|(ツ)

2 Likes