Not Stoked.

Have had my pay cut by 35%.

Sorry to hear that. Is it reduced hours?

I’ll give you a call later @hugo - thats shitty hope you are all good.

Yer apparently this company is employing 6 new full-time staff at the moment. So seems ok, just hope I get through to the next bit. A lot of it is Amazon stuff which I haven’t done for a couple of years.

Isn’t the gambling industry booming? Its bullshit but 35% is better than 100% I guess :man_shrugging:

Do you have to do 35% less work?

Yo ned can I hit you up about ecom marketing at some point today maybe?

1 Like

Yer man 100%

My commission earnings dropping from 60% to 25% without my basic going up.

Its discretionary.

I’ll be fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sad to report that Joe Burlo, owner of Faze 7 distro and the financial/business guy behind peak era Panic/Blueprint etc has passed away this week.

Sympathies to his family and to all those who knew him or worked with him in various capacities over the years.

Joe was a force of nature and undoubtedly helped British skateboarding immensely through his distro company and business involvements.

Rest in peace mate.

16 Likes

Don’t know him or recognise his name but dealt with Faze 7 at some point.
Sad news.
RIP

His son Si skates Mile too and rips. Sorry to hear this, hope all family are ok, he had such a massive impact on the UK scene and also took some amazing photos as well. RIP.

1 Like

RIP. Si is a legend also.

RIP. I think maybe because most of us had never heard of him may be a testament to him being a rad dude. Proper behind the curtain good guy stuff.

His Lad Si put me and whymylegs up for the night so we could go see GYBE (I think), total strangers, he was a great dude, so nice and accommodating even though I randomly fell ill all fluey and felt like death all night.
Props all round.

Really? Guy was a legend.

Yeah, agree, if you know you know, you do of course, you’re older, have industry connections. Most skaters won’t realise he was behind Blueprint etc. I only knew around when we met Si, years ago, otherwise i’d have never known.

I learned who he was by reading RaD, then more from Sidewalk, then no doubt on Facebook back when it was a thing. I expect others would be the same.

Big Blueprint fan too, I suppose, but isn’t everybody?

Yeah but you’re a geek (not a diss), you like info, shows in what you do now, which is rad. Not everyone would know.
Anyway, The point was that he must have been a top dude because he was behind the scenes in some of the biggest UK entities and didn’t shout about it.
I could be wrong, but i’m paying tribute regardless.

1 Like

Used to distribute Aesthetics so yeah, obviously a fucking legend.

RIP

Forgot how much my arms hurt the day after the day after climbing. Oof.

Got a stupid poggy sore throat and cold. Bleh.

Quite a day. Glad the kids are well, and sorry to hear about the drowning victim.

Still…

…things could be worse, eh?

Unless you’re an MP and it’s absolutely miles away, obv.

Of course man. You’ve got more to deal with than most right now, for sure.