Not Stoked.

Yeah one of these old things, been googling them and seem to be the problem and I hope it’s this.

There’s no electrical smell at all that I’d expect from something like this that had been reported on searches and it wasn’t warm either .

this is from a job I was at the other day, same style, it’ll be down to the discretion of the engineer who comes if it’s an old timer they might just rewire the fuse, but if not they might have to take the lot off, I’m not sure if they can still alter it so that they remove the top box and put a floating fuse carrier and neutral block in its place.

2 Likes

Hope it’s straight forward eitherway.

1 Like

Good to know man :+1:t2: Hopefully being a Sunday night they’ll do a quick re-wire and send someone back to install a new box later .

What a first post @Zoro

11 Likes

Ha, I’ve been lurking since this incarnation of n26 popped up. Thought I’d chime in for once.

10 Likes

This makes me wonder what other lurkers we have. Silently judging us from the sidelines. I SEE YOU

3 Likes

It’s fuse wire luckily, but the engineer ain’t got any . He’s had to call his mate to drive some out . Thought that would be a staple of the tool box .

Either way it’s not digging the street up ball ache .

Just whack a paper clip in there aye

Oh trust me I thought about alternative fuse wire in case it happens again

Welcome, @Zoro. Most useful first-posts ever.

Welcome back…? Were you on Sidewalk forum?

Edit: Of course you were. Rad.

3 Likes

Zoro is at least 15-16 years deep.

2 Likes

1 Like

That’s him

1 Like

2fa is down in work and I was supposed to do this task for a previous team I worked in (it wasn’t a problem but now I can’t do it unless we get into VDI, in which we need 2fa for lol).

It doesn’t help I had one of those nights where I probably did go to sleep, but I constantly moved about and couldn’t catch those Z’s. My fault for spending the whole weekend drinking Guinness and staying up until 5 playing those damn video games.

(Insert a cut out of a Garfield comic strip where Garfield refers to his dislike of Mondays or something here).

5 Likes

All but 3 schools (that I know of) in my local area are either closed entirely or have certain years/forms off due to positive cases… that’s over 20 schools.

Kids here are in masks at school now. Not little kids though.

Yeah same here.

Touch wood we haven’t had any yet